American Bottle Auctions #49

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
There were only 3 poison lots, our ship didnt come in, so we didn't bid, though I did register just in case...
The KU-10 sold for $1800 in it's condition...ours is in better condition and we paid a lot less, so that makes me happy.
The large owl sold for over $800 which is a good price for it, and in pristine condition...oh boy I wanted that one bad...

Lordbud

Reaction score
Nothing under $50, so my participation has been eliminated, but it sure is fun to look.

Yeah, Barbara I agree. $50 can in fact buy a really nice bottle but these auctions are generally for the "advanced collector" to my way of thinking. I'd have to win the lottery first then maybe I'd bid on one or two lots.[;)]

NorCalBottleHunter

Reaction score
I picked up a blue Bay city, and a green empire soda works, both from S.F, glop tops,
as I said when I posted earlier, I was out there trying to get this lot of 5 whiskeys, and I wanted them bad, but when push came to shove, I had to let them go, total bummer but i did go after the sodas in the end, very pretty examples!

jays emporium

Reaction score
I didn't get any of the ones I bid on. The H P Herb Bitters went for $500. and the Indian Queen went for $800.
It's a good thing I have a wife, or I'd spend all my money on bottles and deer hunting.
Jay

justanolddigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Lordbud

I'm curious did anyone else note how many times a bottle's description stated "might have been cleaned" "could have been cleaned but it doesn't matter" (say what?!) "It’s doubtful this was cleaned"...
I did look it up, and I would have to say not that many. At least Jeff is honest and forthright about it, compared to most big auction houses. I think there are a lot of "cleaned" bottles in circulation that most don't even know have been cleaned. I think Jeff is doing an awesome job and I feel the prices he is getting for his stuff reflect that.
Bill

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles