Andrew Lawrence York, Pa Iron Pontil

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stonebottle

Reaction score
A friend of mine at work recently found a green iron-pontil mineral water bottle on his property near York, Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture, but I did see the bottle. He carried it to work in his pocket and wondered if it was any good! The embossing is "Andrew Lawrence" in an arch, over "York, PA". It is what I would call emerald green and is in good condition, with a small lip bruise and some fleabites out of the base.

I know this is a good bottle, but I wondered just how good? It is listed as rare. Does anyone know an approximate value or even a place in the York, PA area were he could take it for appraisal or sale? He is not a collector and plans on selling the bottle.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If it had been stoneware I would have made him an offer myself. Thanks. stonebottle

4192C5CDF1654F31A99EB9A72DFA62AE.gif

Attachments

• 4192C5CDF1654F31A99EB9A72DFA62AE.gif
    4192C5CDF1654F31A99EB9A72DFA62AE.gif
    95.6 KB · Views: 108

stonebottle

Reaction score
The picture I have added is from the sodasandbeers website. It is similar to the bottle I am asking about, but I believe the top was different. Thanks again.

bottlediger

Reaction score
Its definitely a good one! I finally dug my first one last year, they are very hard to find and much more scarce than the other two early soda proprietors of york.

Perfect condition value probably 500-700.

With the damage you stated it should be in the 350-450 range all day long

Great find [:D]

Ryan

PASodas

Reaction score
Little is known of Andrew Lawrence. He had at least 2 production runs as they appear with improved pontil and smooth based varieties. I've heard rumors of an aqua but have never seen one. Please post a pic if the top is other than blob as it may be unique.

stonebottle

Reaction score
Ryan and Pasodas, Thanks very much for the information. Ryan, I know from your posts that if you do a lot of digging in York county and that if you have not seen many of these they must be very hard to come by. Pasodas, I thought the top of his bottle was a bit wider but I could be wrong. I do not know if I will see it again. My coworker is not a collector and he will probably be selling the bottle. I gave him all the information I could find so that he could make a good decision. I don't know if it will be through ebay or a glass auction house. Like I said before, too bad it wasn't a stoneware bottle. stonebottle

David Fertig

Reaction score
I might be interested if he wants to offer it through here or private.

dffertig at aol dot com

Dave

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator