Another Bottle found today on beach...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Foumd on the beach today. The full bottle was not intact, but I'm not sure if this is machine made or not, as I don't see a side seam, so it may be first decade 1900's, but could be earlier. I do see what could be a suction mark around the bottom as well. The unique H with smaller A maker's mark is also interesting.
I think that the marks on the bottom maybe be some type of medicine or pharmacy sample bottle , as
I've never seen what looks like almost a pitchfork mark on a bottle scar, but i know that a "PL" is a physicians sample. Im also wondering what the "75" represents a well. Please help ID it.
Tks!

Attachments

• 1000009068.jpg
    1000009068.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 49
  • 1000009072.jpg
    1000009072.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 1000009067.jpg
    1000009067.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Reaction score
Foumd on the beach today. The full bottle was not intact, but I'm not sure if this is machine made or not, as I don't see a side seam, so it may be first decade 1900's, but could be earlier. I do see what could be a suction mark around the bottom as well. The unique H with smaller A maker's mark is also interesting.
I think that the marks on the bottom maybe be some type of medicine or pharmacy sample bottle , as
I've never seen what looks like almost a pitchfork mark on a bottle scar, but i know that a "PL" is a physicians sample. Im also wondering what the "75" represents a well. Please help ID it.
Tks!
I found that the maker's mark is The Hazel.Atlas Glass Co., and the bottle code is late 1920's, so not ore-1900.

islamoradamark

Reaction score
the beach turns up some old glass now and then i have dug some whole bottles at the beach just by seeing a small piece of aqua glass in the sand at low tide

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I found that the maker's mark is The Hazel.Atlas Glass Co., and the bottle code is late 1920's, so not ore-1900.
Where did you see that it's a late 1920s date code? The SHA page for Hazel-Atlas says no date codes until 1957: https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/Hazel-Atlas.pdf I suspect that 6 and 75 are just mold numbers, because it looks too old to be from 1975. You're right that it has a suction scar, that sort of off-centre ring on a bottle's base is always a suction scar.

The trident logo is for Deshell Laboratories, there's a little bit of info on them in this document: https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/POther.pdf

Reactions: Len

DavidW

Reaction score
Try doing a search with PETROLAGER LABORATORIES. Those bottles have "P L" above the trident, inside the crest. Not sure about the time period when "D L" was used, but presumably the initials were for Deshell Laboratories, but maybe made sometime before OR after the bottles marked P L ?? . A business name change or merger???

PL with trident, inside crest mark is listed here:

I suspect it dates from sometime in the 1930s-1950s.

BTW:
The Hazel Atlas mark (H over smaller A) dates from 1923 to about 1964. Although Hazel Atlas was purchased by Continental Can Company in 1957, I never see any bottles with the CCC mark on the base. Perhaps some were made, but it seems like most bottle molds in use by H-A continued to bear the H over A mark all the way up to 1964 (thus were not retooled), when those bottle glass plants were then purchased by Brockway Glass (which used a "B in a circle" mark) .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen