Another day of digging at my large 1940s Dump! Another hubcap, sodas, toy cars and more!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Got out for another couple hours today at my larg 1940s spot I found! Found many nice bottles and period relics.

IMG_20200517_145611_461.jpg

Back - Left to Right:
Greenville Bottling Works P. Salamucha Azwaski Norwich, Conn. (Damaged ), Berry Spring Mineral Water Co Pawtucket, R.I. with nice graphics, Hires Acl, black glass type beer, New Haven Conn. Pat D. Coke, Pat off. Coke (no town), and a blank milk.

Middle -Left to Right:
Vick's jar, small ball jar, and a pour spout cruet.

Front- Left to Right: Binoculars, old metal masters co bus, rubber car, plastic clown (creepy), Marbles and a casing, 1950 Vermont Plate (weird since I'm in CT), and a dodge hubcap.

Closeup of Dodge hubcap and license plate:
20200517_145221.jpg

Closeup of Berry Spring and Greenvile Bottling Works (Too bad about the cracks).
20200517_182917.jpg

Black Glass? No light seems to get through this bottle:
20200517_184307.jpg

All in all another fantastic dig. I will definitely return, there is so much left! Can't wait to see what else I can dig up!

Thanks for reading,
PlaneDiggerCam

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Really REALLY love that Berry Spring bottle! The level of embossing is off the charts! Is it cracked too like the Greenville? (I hope not) I am a playing marble fan, so love to find them! This is a fun dig you're into... I had one like yours that was an hour from my house that I would go to after work and on weekends get home in the pitch dark. It spanned a long timeline though ....and yours might too. I would find applied lip bottles all the way to 1930's -40's. You just might find nursing bottles besides the toys and marbles. Plz keep us updated ... salivating
~Fred

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Really REALLY love that Berry Spring bottle! The level of embossing is off the charts! Is it cracked too like the Greenville? (I hope not) I am a playing marble fan, so love to find them! This is a fun dig you're into... I had one like yours that was an hour from my house that I would go to after work and on weekends get home in the pitch dark. It spanned a long timeline though ....and yours might too. I would find applied lip bottles all the way to 1930's -40's. You just might find nursing bottles besides the toys and marbles. Plz keep us updated ... salivating
~Fred
No, the Berry Spring is not cracked, the only one cracked is the Greenville. Also speking of nursing bottles I had found some broken ones. Will definitely go back since I've only dug less than 1/4 of this large dump! Hope to find some more sodas, an embossed milk, and possibly more old toy cars!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Those cans would clean up but maybe not worth the time being so common, unless you want to display them for yourself. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2