Another finding tip

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
If you are in a heavily developed area, or you have just exausted the land you usually go to, a great way to find new spots to explore is to go to www.terraserver.com. No need to buy a subscription, just take a look at the arial pictures of your area and look for large wooded areas, ESPECIALLY undeveloped areas around rivers. If you want to print the picture to take with you, it wont let you. So have the picture on the screen and have paint open and press the print screen key. Then paste into paint and crop it so all thats left is the pic, resize it and print it. VOILA - new spots to explore w/o getting a subscription. This is a very handy way to find places - Jon

Tony14

Reaction score
That is the exact same thing that I use. It has helped me find 3 dumps sucessfully and a couple of failed attempts[&:]. Overall that site is very good for finding dumps. I tried giving it to Andy4707. He liked it but it took him a little while to get used to it.

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey all, Kind of hard to figure where the wooded areas END in my location (see photo). I use these type of maps to locate abandoned houses and paths or old roads etc. Hey, you can see my house there!

Zw69302.gif

Attachments

• Zw69302.gif
    Zw69302.gif
    219.2 KB · Views: 66

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal