Some Big Old Kick-ups!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Thanks for any advice given on recent bottles and DM’s from a few to try out other forums! The advice has been really helpful for a newbie!

Anyway, I may have come across a really nice little dump site to explore. With it being summer, it gives me more time to go out and check out some new areas. This time I went much further than I usually would, and came across what seems to be a bottle diggers dream! There is what seems to be a very old inactive quarry (all overgrown and slightly filled in with water), but what lies next to it is my interest. There is a large area of nettles, which I was told by my Grandad (who dug many bottle back in the 50’s to 90’s when he worked on building sites). So I checked that out and not too much to find. I’ll get permission to dig there but a public footpath runs by it so it seems pretty public. My main interest were a few pieces of 1-2cm thick glass bottle bases with the largest kick-ups i’ve ever seen. Just wondered if any of you would be able to give me an age on them for future reference, I’ll be going back there tomorrow! I’ll attach a few pics at the bottom!

Anyways,
Bye for now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 57

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
This sort of thing is very difficult to date because the design didn't change much over time. Most likely I'd say around 1880s-1920s, maybe a little later if the bottles were imported from continental Europe.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen