Another Town,Another Dump!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Last week I felt it was time to move to another dump,back in the early 70's I found a good number of dumps,I did'nt realy dig them but picked the stuff from the top you could see.So I thought of a town dump just down the road.So on Sunday I picked up my new digging buddy Snake Boy,and we headed out.
The first 10 min. told it all,I'd foung another glory hole,What a great dump!!,I dug for about 8 hrs,I had to leave good stuff behind, but I took out a bucketful+++and the crock.The ravine the dump is in is about 60' high and its really quakey,it keeps caving in I guess the deepest part is 8' deep.And of course we're working from the bottom up.

My first find was a Hoods Sarasparilla,applied top,then 3 Jos.Wyeth & Bro.Philadelphia,Liq.Ext.Malt,a Ayers Cherry Pectoral,Lowell,Mass,a Premium Musilage,Montreal,3 part mold(sm chip in lip).More inks than I want,Northrops with the label,a teal blue perfume with the stopper.then the Reinhardt & CoY.amber beer,a quart Case Gin,and a pint,a Donlands Dairy Toronto,a milk bottle embossed with STORE BOTTLE 5 cents,a Five O Canada's Favorite Chocolate Beverage bottle.
A really nice Dr.Kennedy's Prairie Weed,Roxbury, Mass.no chips or cracks & really clean.(I think this one has whats called a Cabin Top)
Then the Lindsay Crock,its very nice even though it as some chipping and no handle.
Another master ink,2 of the no name meds but in amber,3 Fellows St.Johns.NB(a nice Aqua),lots of whiskeys,wines,2 or 3 Italian Balm(cork top).
Left a bunch behind,will get next time,no shortage of stuff.
I'll post some pics....

Xv63887.jpg

Attachments

• Xv63887.jpg
    Xv63887.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 92

deepwoods

Reaction score
C.B - Might be worth your while to look into having that jug repaired - there are some people that do incredible work including replacing handles - nice piece!

bottlerobin

Reaction score
Great finds Dave

The crock jug is a beauty and as Deepwoods said it's worth fixing.
I was at a auction in Mitchell Ont a couple of weeks ago and the local crocks were going for a good buck.
Keep posting those pics.

Robin

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28