Antique porcelain something from a dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tony Kendzior

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I dug this up some 45 years ago and it turned up recently in a box in the garage. It's clearly porcelain, has two faces on it, elaborate carvings on the sides revealing a void between the outside and the inner shell which might have had cream or lotion (?). There are no identifying marks anywhere but it came from a local dump where I found lots of bottles and jars and other items from the late 1800's, early 1900's. Does anyone know what it might be?[/FONT]

27a-porcelain-item.jpg27b-porcelain-item.jpg27c-porcelain-item.jpg27d-porcelain-item.jpg

anj2006

Reaction score
Can you get close ups of the faces and any other marks on it? I am thinking it held something hot from the outermost holes , so it would not burn you ( if) you picked it up???

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hi, welcome. I don't know about that piece but in China or maybe other Asian countries they made similar things. Sometimes they were carved with details on the inner layer that was done thought the holes. There is probably a word for it but I don't know what it is.

foster2100

Reaction score
Is there a collectors market for Chinese, Japanese, etc; made pottery? I've heard that some of the pieces can be interesting. I was just asking because I see so much stuff stamped "made in China" and "Japan" and other variations, it seems to me that if the quality was good and there is some desirability then there would be a market for it some place.

anj2006

Reaction score
There's a market, but for the really old pieces! The other is more novelty i would think? Like maybe flea market maybe! Except the occupied japan stuff thats a pretty go
od market!!! Norataki is a good one.

anj2006

Reaction score
There are tons of japan, well let me say the asia in its entirety, pottery porcelain ceramics. They have been in that trade forever!

anj2006

Reaction score
Pottery and porcelain, i bet 80% comes from over there! I have few pieces. I always give them to the wife!!

anj2006

Reaction score
You can make some good money with it if you get the right stuff.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter