Antique porcelain something from a dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

anj2006

Reaction score
In bottles it is the thrill of the hunt. Not knowing what is in the next foot of dirt!!! But when i go flee marketing i aint gonna pass on a guick buck. My passion is in the bottles!!!!

Tony Kendzior

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are NO marks on it. It does appear to be oriental but nothing built in to the glaze to give an idea. From the age of the bottles that came from the same dump, it has to be before 1920. Here's a close up of one of the faces. Thanks for you thoughts. 27e-procelain-item.jpg

anj2006

Reaction score
Not saying that it is, but, if you look close the holes actually look like a star! Jewish??? I dought it!! Just resembles, thats all!!!

anj2006

Reaction score
well after doing a little searching i found similar ones but not the same! It is a bulb/ orchid pot. They placed small stones in with the bulb on top, filled it to the bottom of the bulb to promote root growth. They also used them to grow bonsi trees. They did not have a drain hole. Hope i helped ya,,, ditch.

anj2006

Reaction score
Whats confusing me is the no makers mark, everything, even knock offs have something on the bottom???????? Are you sure there is not a faint mark somewhere in the pot? That would help tremendously!! They have been used for thousands of years..

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think that is likely an incense holder. It looks like it'd be perfect for the purpose anyway, and incense is pretty popular in Asia.
I'm not sure how you go about dating Asian pottery since a lot of the modern stuff looks pretty old. I was in a Chinese shop the other day and the pottery they sold there was beautiful, if I had the money and the need for an entire set of dishes I'd quite likely buy a set of that, I like it so much more than modern Western pottery.

Edit: Oh, I didn't see that there was a second page. I'd never heard of bulb holders before.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter