Any help identifying any of these is greatly appreciated

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dana-Franklin

Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dana-Franklin

Reaction score
I’m a newbie. All of these were found on property that’s been in my family’s name for over 100 years. The property is located in Essex County, NY in the Adirondack Mountains. it’s actually part of the Adirondack Park Association, in a town called Moriah Center. It was found in what my 91 year old great uncle said was the family dump site. I’m ecstatic to get back up there to do some more digging and exploring and to find more treasure! I’ve obviously cleaned the jars out. Some look like ketchup or mustard bottles, some appear to be medicine bottles of some sort. I’ve found metal teapots and what looks to be Jadeite tea cups and saucers. I included a picture of a bottle in the shape of a dress, and would absolutely love to find out what it was! I’d love to know what any of them were once used for, as the title suggests; it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks y’all!

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the site!

Most of what you're finding are common mid-century dump items, generally dating from the late 1930s through the early 1970s. You're correct in that most are either medicine or condiments, however in this time period it's difficult to determine exactly what a bottle held as the paper labels are all long gone. Often the only way to tell is either from embossing (like your first picture), or if you happen to find an example with the label online or someone who recognizes the shape. Here are ones I can identify:

1. Bromo-Seltzer, a product that was supposed to help cure stomach pains and aches. It was offered for decades, and was one of the most popular medicines in its niche. These are super common - yours would of had a tin (I think) top that popped off.
2. This is probably a beer bottle of some sort - take your pick on which one exactly. On the bottom there should be a 2 number date code.
3. Some sort of medicine bottle.
4. Almost certainly a ketchup/catsup, these are extremely common.
5. I've questioned what these exactly held, but I find many, many of them. Maybe olives?
6. These green glass jars were often for cosmetics or medicines.
7. Probably some sort of sample or small size polish or medicine.
8. Again, some non-descript medicine - probably pills, but tough to say.
9. I'm too young to know this one, but I'm sure someone can identify the woman-shaped bottle.
10. I'm thinking this is a borosilicate cup like Fire King brand dishware from that time period, but I'm not very versed on this sort of thing. Someone else can chime in.

Hope this helps!

hemihampton

Reaction score
The best Bottles to find in a dump from those Years would be Milks & ACL (painted) soda pop bottles. better then both of those would be old rusty dented Beer Cans. Which I collect if you find any? let me know. LEON.

P.S. Welcome to the site.

jc_john1

Reaction score
#7 is most certainly a Vicks Va-tro-nol nose drops bottle which came in both cobalt blue and brown.

Reaction score
The best Bottles to find in a dump from those Years would be Milks & ACL (painted) soda pop bottles. better then both of those would be old rusty dented Beer Cans. Which I collect if you find any? let me know. LEON.

P.S. Welcome to the site.
I find beer cans all the time. Lol

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen