Any one in Abilene Texas or close

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flasherr

Reaction score
Hi im new to your group and eager to learn and dig. I was wondering if
there is anyone around the Abilene Texas area that would take me under
their wing and teach me the fine art of digging for lost treasure. And
if not teach me atleast let me dig with them. Most people think im
nuts when I say I want to dig up a crapper. All I here is ewwwww you
know what's in there. I just smile and say yea I do. I have enjoyed
looking at all the pics you have posted. My main interest is in sodas
but there are so many beautiful bottles out there its hard not to be
attracted to them all. Thank you for any help you can provide me
Brian

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Flasherr, welcome to the forum![:)] Forum member Gunsmoke is from Texas, not sure where, but he's as nuts about bottles as the rest of us. You won't get as many strange looks if you refer to a 'privy' instead of a 'crapper'[:D]. Let them laugh, some bottles worth in the $thousands$ have been found in 'Crappers"[;)]

Ig12163.jpg

Attachments

• Ig12163.jpg
    Ig12163.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 81

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Brian and welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of super nice men and women here. Not too many of us Texicans though. Me and Pitfinder are a few hours North of you, Northeast of Amarillo about 60 miles. If you ever get up this way, give us a shout. If I ever get down that away, I'll dig a crapper with you![;)] Happy Diggin, Kelley

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey Kelly, let's have a little decorum here on the forum, don't be so scrappy, it's a Privy, not a Crappy![8D]

flasherr

Reaction score
lol To most of my friends privy is privileged information. Well, since there are not many Texans digging maybe I can find some untapped territory. I have been looking around trying to find info on Abilene on the net but not much luck. I am gonna have to go to the library and see what I can find. I look forward to my first dig. I have a friend in Wellington that told me to come up and that is fairly close to Amarillo. i would make a trip just to dig and learn thats how bad id like to do it. so if you ever need some help and our schedules aren't conflicting give me a shout Just glad im not the only one out there
Brian

Ps I will refer to it as privy instead of crapper i can see this is an upscale forum lol. i mean dosnt everyone wear a tux to dix a privy lol[:D]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Only with tails and a top hat[:D] Hey Flasherr, check with forum member KHARRAR, he can supply you with a Sanborns map of the area, which would show locations of most buildings that were once there. Check his member listing up above, in fact he had some nice finds from a crapper.[;)]

luvtodig

Reaction score
Lol Norm[:D] been following posts...would be nice to find privy here that has not been "dipped" just talking with my boyfriends mother tonight..asked her about her privy behind her 1880 house..she says, and I quote " honey all our privy's in town were dipped [:mad:] so much for that...happy huinting for everyone[:D]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Susanne, just think if you could find the site where they disposed of all the 'dippings'[8D] Hmmmmmm..[;)]

luvtodig

Reaction score
Well Norm, they tell me that the Gypsy's took them away in their wagon./.[&:] think sometimes that they all are telling me tales..[&o] hillbilly tales..lol..they think I am just a "Yank" will keep asking questions, and doing my homework...hope to have some new finds soon...[:)] take care!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Norm... Irish, Oz, Kim, and Ken will really throw a kink in things when they start bringing up dunnies and tips!

I tell you Suzanne, I would just like to find a privy, dipped or not! Here in the Panhandle of Texas, there were very few settlements pre 1880, and what there was happened to be rural. When we did get goin, that whole running water thing screwed everything up![:D]

Hey Brian, I know Wellington well. If you get up this way, give me a shout. Kelley

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigJayKay