Any recent CALIFORNIA digs.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

caldigs

Reaction score
Any of the CA diggers have recent photos/dig stories to share ? Nothing new for us. We've been digging about three pits per week in Northern California, but have been striking out A LOT !!!!! It's been months since we dug a killer bottle.

f1addict

Reaction score
Even though we live in California, most of our digging spots are now covered in snow. We have been using the down time to scout out new locations, one of which looks like it might be very promising and while it's cold, it's not in a snow prone area. We may head up there in January or February and see what we can find. We'll keep you posted.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
In Northern CA, it's always ABD time. Did 'ya find any pits holding GatorAde bottles with notes in 'em? We have had a LONG standing rule to recompact the layers and leave something nice in the bottom. LOL

No diggin' so far up here. Too busy duck and goose killin' to bother. Next week, look out, 'cause we gotta killa site permissionized. 1852 farm house with 2 holes poked out to play in. Might even have a photo or three.

caldigs

Reaction score
Hey Mike.....we rarely hit ABDS, I'd say every 30th hole we hit an ABD. After that N. Grange hole we learned our lesson to finish a hole even if its ABD !!!! Seems like diggers back in the day were lazy/unexperienced and left MANY killer bottles in the ground !!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how you do on those two pits you have probed out.

Leisalu

Reaction score
Ahhhh did sombody say ABD > Belive it or not two of the best holes I dug in the last three years were both ABDs ! Here's a pic of a recent dig but this one was a none ABD.

1D712CC5CD274BC08374289AC71F1857.jpg

Attachments

• 1D712CC5CD274BC08374289AC71F1857.jpg
    1D712CC5CD274BC08374289AC71F1857.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 45

bottlediger

Reaction score
do i see there probes in that pit???[&:] and if so whyyyyyy lol

digger ry

Lordbud

Reaction score
Been many a moon since I dug a privy, but a couple of the best I dug back in the day were in Mountain View.
Filled with bottles, of course 95% bottles thrown back in the hole.
But amongst all the Golden West San Jose tooled crowntops was a nice tooled Palo Alto Soda Works crowntop.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL