Anybody have 15k in spare change?!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
It's nice & RARE straight sided coke bottle but for 15K I will get something WAY MUCH NICER!!

AlexD

Reaction score
If you've got anther $15K to spend, buy this from me too [;)] http://www.ebay.com/itm/290921262993?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

CreekWalker

Reaction score
You can buy 3 homes in Detroit for that price, or one 3 story apartment building!

andrija1

Reaction score
There is one or two people bidding on ebay in particular who are spending a great deal of $$$ because they are bidding (many times to sole bidder) for very high end pepsi and coke bottles (early versions primarily) at the 4 figure starting prices galore. The sellers are having a hayday with this ebayer who is literally spending five figures almost weekly on soda bottles!

Cant tell their ebay user IDs but they all are either I*** or e**e

Trouble is brewing for the serious collector because these two, especially, I***, are giving the illusion that coke and pepsi bottles can somehow be "monetized" and that coke and pepsi bottle auctions are venues for stock like, irrational exuberant bidding by persons like ebay bidders I*** and e**e.

This bubble will continue until the uber strong bottle buyers (and sellers) realize that bottle auctions are not investments that provide a long term return. When the time comes to sell these "high end" bottles will languish but sell at equilibrium prices again.

For example, 15K for a non-script amber bottle that probably held a soda other than Coca-Cola is absurd and I agree with the others. Even if this were the only bottle of its kind ...prove that it held the Real Thing and demonstrate that it could be resold for more than a few hundred dollars. Hang in there until the bubble bursts or better yet find another hobby until the "Shieks" disappear. Have agreat weekend folks!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andrija1

There is one or two people bidding on ebay in particular who are spending a great deal of $$$ because they are bidding (many times to sole bidder) for very high end pepsi and coke bottles (early versions primarily) at the 4 figure starting prices galore. The sellers are having a hayday with this ebayer who is literally spending five figures almost weekly on soda bottles!

Cant tell their ebay user IDs but they all are either I*** or e**e

Trouble is brewing for the serious collector because these two, especially, I***, are giving the illusion that coke and pepsi bottles can somehow be "monetized" and that coke and pepsi bottle auctions are venues for stock like, irrational exuberant bidding by persons like ebay bidders I*** and e**e.

This bubble will continue until the uber strong bottle buyers (and sellers) realize that bottle auctions are not investments that provide a long term return. When the time comes to sell these "high end" bottles will languish but sell at equilibrium prices again.

For example, 15K for a non-script amber bottle that probably held a soda other than Coca-Cola is absurd and I agree with the others. Even if this were the only bottle of its kind ...prove that it held the Real Thing and demonstrate that it could be resold for more than a few hundred dollars. Hang in there until the bubble bursts or better yet find another hobby until the "Shieks" disappear. Have agreat weekend folks!
Both buyers are buying for the same guy, a sheik from Qatar, you're about a month too late to the party when it comes to posting about it...[;)]

AlexD

Reaction score
I would like to bring this to attention. ANY BUYER buying SS Cokes or Pepsis' with a name that shows up as "i****" is a Sheikh. [;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles