Anyone interested in post prohibition bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

monsterdigger

Reaction score
I find post prohibition bottles(1932-1964) by the hundreds. I like collecting them but am starting to see many doubles. Most of the bottles are fancy. They all have embossed: FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS RE USE OR RE SALE OF THIS BOTTLE. Some have embossed pictures, some have embossed brand names, some have patent numbers. They are all full pint and half pint flask shaped bottles. Some are amber, most are clear. Some popular brand names I have are Seagrams, Schenley, Calvert, Hiram Walker. Some have plastic caps, some have metal, some caps are missing. Some metal caps have the cork seal still in them. I re-fuse to sell a cracked bottle, all of my bottles are crack and chip free. If i was selling someone a damaged bottle i would let them know and show them a picture of the damage! Most of the bottles still have dirt or residue on the inside. I cleaned them with soap and water. Some look brand new. If anyone is interested in some of these please reply. Im always bottle hunting and find different one every week. If you are looking for a particular one let me know, i will see if i have it or i will keep an eye out for one. I am really not doing this for a profit but i love collecting antique bottle and so does everyone on this site, Im just trying to share my finds............Jake

Tony14

Reaction score
You should contact forum member Diggermeister. he is in the process of writing a book on the federal law bottles. He would gladly help you in the research of your bottles.

jaymshultz

Reaction score
If any of the bottles have Jewish names, hebrew writing or Jewish symbols (Jewish star etc..)...I would be interested. During prohibition, alcohol was allowed for religious usage.

Have anything like this?

rwe79405

Reaction score
would love to seee some pics of the FLF bottles..might be interested..

VirginiaDigger

Reaction score
I have about 30 FLF bottles Email me at cebuls8@aol.com for pics!! Thanks & happy digging!!

monsterdigger

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the post prohibitions that i got. Keep in mind that there is still dirt inside of some of these bottles. There is no chips or cracks on any of these bottle. Like I said this is only a small bunch of all the bottles im selling.

Attachments

• Us53346.jpg
    Us53346.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member