Arctic Frost Bite Cure Display

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

goodman1966

Reaction score
I am going to get it and will offer some of them here for any one who wants one. I like to share ! Lisa don't buy one yet, I will pm you Friday since you like them so much. Don't worry I will be more than fair on price. Mitch

Plumbata

Reaction score
Looks like an awesome deal to me! I remember reading a story online ages ago about someone discussing unusual hoards of bottles found. Among other things, they referenced someone with a "truckload" of these full labeled arctic frost bite cures, but after the author saw the huge trove of many thousands, the owners disappeared and the bottles apparently largely disappeared with them. In the author's opinion, due to the relative rarity of the pieces in the market, that trove is still hiding somewhere. Anyone remember this story? Anyway, 50.00 would be a very nice deal in my opinion. I wonder if this guy has just one of the box displays, or if he is the fabled secret owner of a garage full of the things?

goodman1966

Reaction score
He says he got all these bottles and stuff( posted elsewhere) from a collector that is selling out in Waco Tx. How true that is I don't know. Mitch

LisaTammy

Reaction score
Mitch that would be awesome. just kick me a pm when you get them.Lisa

Plumbata

Reaction score
I know precisely what you're talking about Eric, but I'm referring to a completely different anecdote that referenced a hoard of this exact bottle. If it wasn't read online, perhaps on a now-defunct website, it may have been in a bottle book. I certainly ain't making it up, but lacking the source material to show doesn't help. Who knows about the Waco connection, but you might pressure the guy into trying to get more of these display boxes. At ~4/each you could make plenty of of easy money selling those on eBay. Bet you could sell hundreds at 20-40 a pop over time(via dutch auction or using stock photos and descriptions), or full box displays for a few hundred or so. If more are available then I'd bet the owner of the hoard is closely involved.

goodman1966

Reaction score
That's something to think about Plumbata , I will question him further and see if he has more. He said he is going back to see this guy in Waco at the end of the month. Mitch

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I wouldn't be going crazy here with prices much over 30.00 bucks a pop, you get em for less than ten and you try to sell them for 100.00s doesn't say much for the intelligence of us cure collectors does it!!! by the way I have a few of these myself, bought from the guy in Waco a couple years ago, plumby is right on re that hoard that he is talking about. The display boxes don't mean much to me, maybe other cure collectors might be interested in them............

Plumbata

Reaction score
Ah thanks Andy, I guess I'm not crazy after all! I've never seen them up around here, so they must not be getting dispersed nationwide, or not to the point of market saturation anyway. I wasn't suggesting that Mitch try to take advantage of all the collectors who'd like to own an example, but at the same time, 20 or so each would be a nice deal for the buyers and also make it worthwhile (in my mind anyway) to offer them to the broader eBay market. Could set-up a very nice "Christmas present" fund for the kids with the proceeds, or something like that.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen