Are any Coke people around?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I got this at a sale and thought ebay but don't want to bother for $5-10. Does anyone think it's worth listing? I hope to recoup something from over expenditures last week. The SS coke has sailed and I haven't a clue.
Front and back have the shoulder script registererd stuff. Front also has "LITCHFIELD BOTTLING/WORKS/LITCHFIELD,ILL." Base has script but no glass maker mark.
The 1925 Bottlers Encycopedia doesn't have a Litchfield plant listed.
It's 7½", ABM good shape, some spots of case wear
Thanks

6D40FDAB4B514E15BA38EEF2B2A6DF63.jpg

Attachments

• 6D40FDAB4B514E15BA38EEF2B2A6DF63.jpg
    6D40FDAB4B514E15BA38EEF2B2A6DF63.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 62

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Eric,
They are common and worth about $30. It looks very clean and you should push the script on the bottom and tell how many times the script is on this particular bottle. Don't forget the beautiful Georgia Green, the offical color of Coke Bottles later on.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Thanks Warren, for that I may keep it as an only SS Coke. I'll have to see how the Prince Chuck and Lady Di do. They seam to get in the $45 range so I may get my investment back from them. Maybe the Superbowl or Olympics but I doubt there much.
Any idea when those full size brass bottles were made?
I love box lots!

logueb

Reaction score
Eric, I find that the Script on the bottom was used on the bottoms before the hobbleskirt. So this bottle would probably be before the 1925 date of the Bottlers Encyclopedia. Definately a SS Coke. Cap's right on the price. Chero Cola also used the script logo on the bottom, don't know who copied who on this .

capsoda

Reaction score
Hobble skirts with the script on the bottom are pretty rare and can fetch a real good price at times.

Some 6oz brass bottles were produced in the sixties and the 10 or 12oz were produced in the late 60s and the 70s. there may have been more produced at different times but I do know that there were some repops from Mexico and India.

dismithny

Reaction score
A lot of soda bottles have the script name of the drink or initials of the bottler if not a brand name. The early soda crates were designed with false bottoms and holes so the bottles could be stored upside down. With the names on the bottom a route salesman could quickly see that he was picking up the right bottles.

Dennis Smith

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles