Arrowheads and Exotic Stones!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
The rockhound in me went ape sh*t when I clicked on this link in today's Auction Zip. I love rocks...and artifacts such as these.

http://www.auctionzip.com/aflive.html?method=getCatalogLots&catalogref=4EB0JM8R2X&utm_source=azweekly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=062112az

NyDigger1

Reaction score
im sorry i have to call that a load of crud, the seller clearly doesnt know what hes doing.

Ive collected rocks and minerals since i was 6 and stopped when I was 14 to switch to bottles.

Im 18 now and ive amassed quite a collection, then sold it. Now i deal in rocks from time to time at trade shows.

Every single one of those prices on the minerals should be slashed. I guarantee I could find you all of the minerals on that page at the franklin NJ mineral show for less then $1500, same quality.

Hell I even have some of those pieces in better quality for sale if your interested (ranging from $10-$250). Almost any mineral you could think of.

heres a quick snapshot of what I have (partially sold)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qsbxx8NkD4

Trust me, ive been scammed through auctionzip before, take it from a rockhound

NyDigger1

Reaction score
And by $1500 i meant that all of those stones on the auctionzip website are actually worth that much together. max.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I'm just crazy about the rocks and such, not the prices. In fact, I only really noticed one price and that was for the bi-color tourmaline. But at $15000, they can keep it. But ya, the prices are way out of line...

epackage

Reaction score
I see many auctions on that site with rediculous estimates when it comes to bottles too, if someone doesn't know what they have they seem to put high numbers just in case, it really has no bearing on the items real worth...

TJSJHART

Reaction score
ANYONE EVER BEEN TO THE GEM AND MINERAL SHOW IN TUCSON... NOW THATS A LARGE SHOW...

NyDigger1

Reaction score
tuscon is a good place for wholesalers, its the largest gem show in the USA. but its a rip.

for example, the franklin NJ show has an indoor and outdoor section.

The outdoor section is like a lfea market, people bring their own tables and sell. Inside however, is the gem selling official companies. Ive bought pieces outside for $5 that they sell inside for $50 and in worse Quality.

The tuscon show is all gem companies that try to rip you off by "being in the moment". Most people are overwhelmed with the size of the show and the amount of people there that they go crazy on a spending spree. The best place in tuscon to get good ricks is in the rv parks. they drive up from all over the US and sell rocks for a good and reasonable price.

I was supposed to go there, but i never had the time because of school (since its in the middle of february)

But my friend's wife makes jewelry and sells there. They told me first hand out of the whole show, the rv park is the best, or the roadside sellers that just pull up, open the trunk and sell out of the car.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty