Auction Books

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

John Mount

Reaction score
Hello! These booklets came in a box lot of stuff in a local auction. Not too old, probably not rare but i wonder if theres any useful info in these or any interest. Thanks for any thoughts.

Attachments

• 20230904_011634.jpg
    20230904_011634.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 106

hemihampton

Reaction score
I think they are to old to have any help in using them for a price guide. Leon.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Hello! These booklets came in a box lot of stuff in a local auction. Not too old, probably not rare but i wonder if theres any useful info in these or any interest. Thanks for any thoughts.
They are good reference material to learn what bottles actually exist. They also can give an idea what bottles have greatest demand.

Huntindog

Reaction score
I have a bunch of old auction catalogs with prices realized.
Great to look at and wish I had the money back then to purchase some of them.
Wow the difference in price!!

Johnny M

Reaction score
They are great to look through that's for sure. You can see pictures of really rare stuff you may never see for actual sale again quite often. If they do have price realized sheets they are probably sought after still for collectible purposes. Many people have libraries of these from various auction houses too. I know a guy with a couple hundred! Often the description of the bottle being offered will include some info like the possible glasshouse that made it or the Mckearin flask group number , etc. There will be something to learn in all of them I expect but the photos can be spellbinding! I love the colors on great pickles sold in the past, particularly from the Gardner collection. Johnny M.

John Mount

Reaction score
They are great to look through that's for sure. You can see pictures of really rare stuff you may never see for actual sale again quite often. If they do have price realized sheets they are probably sought after still for collectible purposes. Many people have libraries of these from various auction houses too. I know a guy with a couple hundred! Often the description of the bottle being offered will include some info like the possible glasshouse that made it or the Mckearin flask group number , etc. There will be something to learn in all of them I expect but the photos can be spellbinding! I love the colors on great pickles sold in the past, particularly from the Gardner collection. Johnny M.
cool thanks! there are prices written in pencil in some of them. i don't know if that's a sold price or what the book's owner was willing to or planning to pay.

Johnny M

Reaction score
cool thanks! there are prices written in pencil in some of them. i don't know if that's a sold price or what the book's owner was willing to or planning to pay.
Probably the sold price not counting premium. I went to some auctions in the mid 1970's and that's what I used to do. Can't guarantee that of course with yours. Johnny M.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26