New collector

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Shawn M

Reaction score
Hello from VA. I have always been interested in the old ways people, in particular my family, existed in the very rural far SW Virginia and things that used to survive. Among lots of other things, I have become really interested in old bottles of any kind, and have started a small collection. I am attaching pics of a bottle I found in my grandfather’s old barn. I can’t seem to find much at all about it. It’s an amber colored pocket flask with embossed lettering “Dr Frank’s Laxitive Tonic Bitters”, and yes they spelled Laxative wrong. Any info would be wonderful. And any advice on places to look around old homesites. Thanks in advance and I’m so excited to learn more!

Attachments

• IMG_4029.png
    IMG_4029.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4028.png
    IMG_4028.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4027.png
    IMG_4027.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4026.png
    IMG_4026.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4025.png
    IMG_4025.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4022.png
    IMG_4022.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 33

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Hello from VA. I have always been interested in the old ways people, in particular my family, existed in the very rural far SW Virginia and things that used to survive. Among lots of other things, I have become really interested in old bottles of any kind, and have started a small collection. I am attaching pics of a bottle I found in my grandfather’s old barn. I can’t seem to find much at all about it. It’s an amber colored pocket flask with embossed lettering “Dr Frank’s Laxitive Tonic Bitters”, and yes they spelled Laxative wrong. Any info would be wonderful. And any advice on places to look around old homesites. Thanks in advance and I’m so excited to learn more!

Roy

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Shawn M,
Congratulations, What a great find!!!
I would spend a lot of time looking all around that barn and anywhere they might have had an old outhouse or thrown away any trash. Roy

hemihampton

Reaction score
That's a nice find, Congrats. I'd look around for more, good luck. Leon.

P.S. Welcome to the site.

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Seems to be from 1885 – 1895 and worth around $500.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen