Back from my desert trip - new finds with pictures

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
Well, we had to cut the trip short by two days, due to a large weather event moving into the area. Other than that, it was a very good trip. Put 715 miles on the odometer in four days.

Pictured: a Globe, Cloverleaf, 3 straight-sided steel soda cans, old oil can, and the jar on the far left I found in the desert. Not worth a penny I'm sure, but I thought it was cool, so I kept it. (pretty much anything that I deem to be "cool", I keep.) Total spent on everything: $17
87one.jpg

87two.jpg

I have no idea what the jar on the left is all about. If anyone has an idea, clue me in! Maybe it's an old salsa jar? It just seems too big to be that though.

Globe closeup:
GLOBE1.jpg

Cloverleaf. I really like the color of this bottle:
cloverleaf1.jpg

oilcrop.jpg

Bottom of the jar:
bottom.jpg

Alright, and here are some more pictures of the trip. I took 547 pictures in under 4 days. I'm sorry that I do not have to time to share more of them. (It is very time consuming to resize, upload, and cut-and-paste them here, etc.)

*** PLEASE NOTE: Aside from cropping and/or resizing, my pictures are NEVER manipulated in any way, shape, or from. What you see is how the camera lens captured the image. I don't believe in "touching up" an image to try to make it more impressive.***

Ah yes, the good olde days......when everything was a lot better, right? Taken inside the small museum in Randsburg, Calif.
theolddays.jpg

House in Randsburg:
randhouse.jpg

Me with Charlie in front of his store. He is a great guy. I've bought a few bottles from him before:
mecharlie.jpg

orehouse.jpg

Some of the locals in Johannesburg, Calif. There were bottles in all of the windows, but the place was closed.
locals2.jpg

locals1.jpg

minimart.jpg

If you find water in the desert....
water.jpg

FF.jpg

bigsky.jpg

A pure stand of Jeffrey Pine, with a Manzanita carpeting:
hike1.jpg

^ The Jeffrey Pine is my favorite conifer. I am very guilty of continually sticking my nose in the cracks of the bark to bask in the wafting aroma of pineapple-vanilla. One of best smells in the whole universe I swear.

hike2.jpg

Lodgepole Pine and natural lake @ 10,000 feet:
hike32.jpg

hike4.jpg

“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.â€

~ John Muir

Sierra beauty @ 10,000 feet:
hike5.jpg

White, blue, green, yellows, browns, and grays. Just a few of my favorite things:
hike7.jpg

hike10.jpg

Nice house, I'll take it:
hike8.jpg

“Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream.â€

~ T.K. Whipple

hike12.jpg

hike13.jpg

hike11.jpg

soulatude.jpg

“Civilization isn't civilized!â€

~ TheCaliKid, 2009

ieos44.jpg

ajohn

Reaction score
Hey Kid,
Those are some great pics! I just went through Randsburg a couple of weeks ago.What a great place,huh?The only thing I picked up was a fishing float....Go figure.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I was born in 1959,yeah the old daze [8D]

Nice lay out of pix,I like the skelton crew

CE50DC12021F4A54A2C886649AAF3CB0.jpg

Attachments

• CE50DC12021F4A54A2C886649AAF3CB0.jpg
    CE50DC12021F4A54A2C886649AAF3CB0.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 82

ncbred

Reaction score
Nice picks! That Hamm's can is a beer.

madman

Reaction score
VERY VERY NICE! JUST AMAZING BEEN THERE MISS IT!

surfaceone

Reaction score
bigsky.jpg

Hey Kid,

Some great landscape photography you done did. Thanks for the pixelation.

hike11.jpg

4124754167_6069ff7e0e_z.jpg

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ajohn

Hey Kid,
Those are some great pics! I just went through Randsburg a couple of weeks ago.What a great place,huh?The only thing I picked up was a fishing float....Go figure.

lol, I actually saw a big boat in someones yard in nearby Red Mountain. All I can say is that Randsburg is very lucky to be near the interstate. That and the OHV crowd.

I like going into the old general store and having an old fountain soda or malt. Can't beat that!

ORIGINAL: ncbred

Nice picks! That Hamm's can is a beer.

But of course. Slip of the keystrokes.

Found this out near Darwin last April. Got home and found some jackball on ebay wantin' $95 for a unfaded one! Gimme a break!

HammsBeercan.jpg

HammsBeerfrontcollage3.jpg

HammsBeersidecollage2.jpg

I searched his sold items, and he had actually sold a very similar one for $45. Go figure,

ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

Great pics Bob!! Havent been to Randsburgh inna age, glad to see the ole Orehouse is still there......Andy

Yup, he's still there. So is Austin's Antiques.

ORIGINAL: madman

VERY VERY NICE! JUST AMAZING BEEN THERE MISS IT!

You drove all the way from Tennessee? I'm lucky to be just 2 hrs 45 mins from Randsburg, so I go about 2-3 times a year.

ORIGINAL: surfaceone
Hey Kid,

Some great landscape photography you done did. Thanks for the pixelation.

4124754167_6069ff7e0e_z.jpg

Your awesome. What's the vintage there, 1980's?

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
Wowsers. What are all these California members coming out the woodwork!?!? Where you been?

Taking nature shots is my specially Doug, glad that you enjoyed them. Just for you, I will include a "few" more:

trip14.jpg

trip4.jpg

trip6.jpg

trip7.jpg

trip8.jpg

trip10.jpg

trip2.jpg

trip11.jpg

trip3.jpg

trip5.jpg

trip9.jpg

trip13.jpg