Ball Jar with Misprint question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mpiontek

Reaction score
I purchased this blue Ball Jar, probably 1910-1923 (??) based on logo details, with a mold number of underscore-8 on the bottom from an antique vender. The jar came with a decent zinc lid with milk glass insert and is great condition with no flea bites on the rim.

When I noticed the misprint "PEPFECT" instead of the standard "PERFECT" I made the purchase. I know there some misprints floating around in the wild as the Ball Brothers didn't get rid of jars without serious defects. However, I've never seen this type of misprint or stated examples of this misprint. I have not been unable to find a copy of the Redbook for Fruit Jars so I'm not exactly sure what I have in this jar.

Can anyone in this forum help this newb to glass collecting with additional information? Thank you.

Attachments

• Ball Jar Misprint_MFP2024.jpg
    Ball Jar Misprint_MFP2024.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 41

timeandabottle

Reaction score
I purchased this blue Ball Jar, probably 1910-1923 (??) based on logo details, with a mold number of underscore-8 on the bottom from an antique vender. The jar came with a decent zinc lid with milk glass insert and is great condition with no flea bites on the rim.

When I noticed the misprint "PEPFECT" instead of the standard "PERFECT" I made the purchase. I know there some misprints floating around in the wild as the Ball Brothers didn't get rid of jars without serious defects. However, I've never seen this type of misprint or stated examples of this misprint. I have not been unable to find a copy of the Redbook for Fruit Jars so I'm not exactly sure what I have in this jar.

Can anyone in this forum help this newb to glass collecting with additional information? Thank you.
Nice one. I don’t have the red book either but I’d bet there’s a canning jar group on Facebook. I guess your bottle isn’t Perfect after all!

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Just one little correction from me, your jar is a RB 284-2 but it dates to 1923-1933. No dropped a, no underscore.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator