Backyard Dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

P.R.

Reaction score
Building a new metal building shop next to our woods and found a dump site pretty much exactly on the wood line. Surface stuff is 60's-70's I'm guessing.

Went a little further in because we had planned to extend a run into a small paddock for the horses, and found an old shine/homebrew spot too. Some 40's-50's junk nearby (including pieces of a ball blue jar, which I've never even seen before) but mostly sheet metal stuff and rock fire pit, probably not prohibition, but not uncommon out here in South Virginia Beach.

Haven't really dug down more than a few inches because there are so many bottles and cans. We've also found a bit of hardware for several models of McCray ice boxes, the action on them is still really solid, so I get to repurpose them, along with making mason jar chandeliers for our bar (thanks a lot etsy or pintrest or whatever).

I think just a couple of old colorful jars and bottles in the barn window would be aesthetically pleasing to me (I'd really like to find something older, free-blown with lots of patina), but the wife has far grander ideas... I'll post more pictures when those additional dozen projects are done.

Stay healthy everyone
20200506_100049.jpg
20200427_150628.jpg
20200505_211301.jpg

Timelypicken

Reaction score
I like the oil cans. That dump has some great stuff

hemihampton

Reaction score
Let me know if you find any old rusty dented Beer Cans, I collect those. THANKS.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
The green bottles on the left side of the picture of them cleaned up are "Packie" or "One-Ways", the third generation of the NDNR type bottles, I've been finding them at a dump I've been digging off and on for the last couple months now, I like them and collect them. Used primarily for beer, but were also used for soda as well a little later in their time period of use.WW2-USA-Beer-soda-g.-X-42.jpgpost-1878-0-15179600-1565800236.jpeg

P.R.

Reaction score
Let me know if you find any old rusty dented Beer Cans, I collect those. THANKS.

Will do, if I find any, you can have 'em.

The green bottles on the left side of the picture of them cleaned up are "Packie" or "One-Ways", the third generation of the NDNR type bottles, I've been finding them at a dump I've been digging off and on for the last couple months now, I like them and collect them. Used primarily for beer, but were also used for soda as well a little later in their time period of use.View attachment 206802View attachment 206803

Awesome! In an effort to see what they were, I typed in "not to be refilled or redeemed" probably 5 times and got nothing. I really like the texture, probably helped your grip after pulling it out of the cooler lol.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Will do, if I find any, you can have 'em.

Awesome! In an effort to see what they were, I typed in "not to be refilled or redeemed" probably 5 times and got nothing. I really like the texture, probably helped your grip after pulling it out of the cooler lol.

P.R.

Reaction score
50 bottles of bleach in the ground...

42 Fleecy White Quart (10 with cap)
3 Fleecy White Quart (taller variety)
2 Fleecy White 1/2 Gallon (finger ring)
1 Fleecy White 1/2 Gallon (no ring)
Bonus Clorox Quart and Texize 1/2 Gallon

Lots of them still have liquid in them, not to enthused about that.

Also, I've found a few cans, but simply touching them with the minimum force required to lift them causes them to apparate...
20200508_122322.jpg

P.R.

Reaction score
Two best ones I've found so far, the orange juice was actually inside of a mason jar, so it's in pretty good shape. The Pepsi, let's just say that is it's good side.
20200508_205313.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
The orange juice is what we call a can in a can find. A old beer can, can come out in nice condition sometimes that way. The Pepsi looks to be from the 1970's. The 60's version is more light blue metallic looking. LEON.
RCcola6different.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen