Ball Bros. Glass Mfg Co. Buffalo-Midget

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottleboy311

Reaction score
Just got this jar thought you like to see it. It comes out of my Mom's collection. It has the correct band and correct insert. Value in the Red Book is $600.00 plus. Would like to sell it for her on ebay but not sure I get the full value. What's you opinon?

Lee

Bz79563.jpg

Attachments

• Bz79563.jpg
    Bz79563.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 75

Bixel

Reaction score
Well you could put a reserve on it. ALSO< you could try and find a bottle/jar auction that you could put it in. If it is well advertised, you may get what you want for it.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
I think eBay's fees would be much less than going through Glassworks, Heckler or American Bottle auctions. But, what you would have to do is wash it up thoroughly so it sparkles (looks a little dirty in your photo), and post several very sharp and well-lighted photos in the auction. Look at the photos hoosierjar posts on ebay and try to make yours as good as those. A reserve is fine, but don't make it so it's above mid-Redbook price. Show photos of the lip without the lid plus several angles of the jar. Your description should be thorough and accurate. Make the auction 7 days and don't panic if the price is still way low close to the end of the auction. Many buyers now use sniper software to place their bids in the closing seconds of the auction. Good luck! -Tammy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH