Ball Perfect mason

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pasttreasures57

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a Red book listing for this although I know this isn't the Ball forum I got it at a yard sale when I was younger.. the threads are strange they fit both the zinc and reg lid but the reg fits better. It is a Ball perfect mason. No other markings on the jar, and a 5 on the bottom. Joyce.....

JGUIS

Reaction score
I don't think you'll find a book listing for it, too common. I have a cellar full of them if ya want em. BTW, this should be in the jars forum, not digging and finding.

pasttreasures57

Reaction score
I knew the one was whiskey, but never mind you are a digger, if you are. The second small bottle or jar, came from under a lake, been there forever. And if it is a polish bottle then how the #@# do you get the polish out. If you meant it was not a pontil, then how was it made. My question concerning the whiskey had to do with the bottom and was it before prohibition? Never mind. And the Ball I have a redbook 10, it is not listed so if you have a garage full you better let them know. That is if they are the same jars.

coreya

Reaction score
Its a # 277 in red book #9 made between 1923 and 1933, these are the most common ones found in quarts, halfs are less common etc, Just sold a bunch of my extras (40 of these and 40 of the Ideal clear) for 75 plus 5 older assorted jars.(valued at 50 +)

willong

Reaction score
Hi Joyce,

Just my two cents worth--perhaps and inflated value: Polish bottles sometimes had a swab or "dauber" on a wire attached to the cork stopper, a practice that continued into later screw topped bottles. The picture is way too small for me to say definitively, but the bottle appears to be ABM manufacture. If I am correct, then the mark on the base of the bottle is from the Owens machine, not a pontil.

Regards,

Will

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen