Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Baltimore Bottle show treats !!!!!

Tony Kendzior

Dec 27, 2015
Gainesville, FL
Love your pics! I dug a 9.5 inch Warner's some 50 years ago in Savannah, GA and an Ayers with a similar pontil I dug in Newnansville, FL around the same time. Newnansville no longer exists. It was the original county seat for Alachua County but when the railroad was built in the 1860's from Fernandina Beach to Cedar Key, Newnansville fell from grace and Gainesville became the county seat since that's where the railroad was.

American

Nov 17, 2017
Hopefully it wasn't all old men like the last time I went. Made me feel like the hobby was dying.

Bottledigger52

Nov 5, 2018
Maryland
Love your pics! I dug a 9.5 inch Warner's some 50 years ago in Savannah, GA and an Ayers with a similar pontil I dug in Newnansville, FL around the same time. Newnansville no longer exists. It was the original county seat for Alachua County but when the railroad was built in the 1860's from Fernandina Beach to Cedar Key, Newnansville fell from grace and Gainesville became the county seat since that's where the railroad was.
Thanks it was a really good show lots of younger collectors which is a good sign .That is a awesome story I hope I dig one one day have dug some awesome bottles but never a Warner’s they are supposed to be common around Baltimore have dug them broken but not whole yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kraftypantz