Barlow Knife

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
NINA GAVE ME HER DAD'S BARLOW HE HAD WHEN HE WAS FIGHTING IN THE KOREAN WAR....WE WENT TO DIFFERENT SPORTING EVENTS IN THE 90S AND SOLD TEE SHIRTS...I USED THE KNIFE TO CUT SOMETHING.THIS WAS IN JACKSONVILLE FLA. I SAT IT DOWN AND FORGOT TO PICK IT BACK UP! IT WAS A COUPLE DAYS BEFORE I EVER REALIZED I HAD DONE IT!!

IT WAS TERRIBLE CAUSE NINA'S DAD DIED IN A CAR CRASH TWO DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS IN 1962...ONE OF THE FEW THINGS SHE HAD OF HIS...MAN I STILL FEEL TERRIBLE ABOUT IT! JAMIE

Wangan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mr.fred

[/quote Could it read Union Cutlery Olean N.Y. ?? Just Asking[;)]

I had a hard time reading it Fred,but yes you are right.The O looked like it was maybe a C and the Y looked like a V.- I just guessed at it. Thought I never heard of Clean, Nevada.[:D] Thanks for setting me straight. I should have just asked one of you knife collectors.[;)]

Rick, thats a nice pig sticker.Ive always wanted to get a Crocodile Dundee knife so that I could say that.[:D]

58860F1B70224ABE94B7677478475F21.jpg

Attachments

• 58860F1B70224ABE94B7677478475F21.jpg
    58860F1B70224ABE94B7677478475F21.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 64

logueb

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing guys.

Wangan, That is one cool knife set. I hve never seen one of those before.

Jamie, I know how you feel. I lost my Case XX about three times before I finally put it up. Just luck that I found it each time.

Joe, Never knew where they made the Case knives at. Maybe someone can help me place a date on the one I have.

Rick, Nice toothpick. Down here we call knives a "Pig Sticker".

LC, Maybe you can help me out on the date of this Case XX.

It's in bad shape, but has an interesting story to go along with it.

2A279487592B43E0BEABDE9A2966DD48.jpg

Attachments

• 2A279487592B43E0BEABDE9A2966DD48.jpg
    2A279487592B43E0BEABDE9A2966DD48.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 71

logueb

Reaction score
As a lot of you know my Dad (actually Stepdad) ran a small country store and gas station on Highway US 319 down in Georgia . He built the store himself in 1945 at the end of WWII. He went to work at Camp Gordon (now Fort Gordon) during the war as a carptenter's apprentice. He heard about the big money at the Southeastern Shipyard in Savannah building ships. Not sure what kind of ships, but always assumed they were used during the war. The war ended and he took the money he had earned and bought some land on Hwy 319 and built a gas station and country store. At one time this was a major route from up north to Florida. Lots of tourist trade during the summers and some during the winters. Well he had a large fireplace and always kept a whetstone ( whet rock) in the windowsill by the fireplace so those farmers could sharpen their knives as they sat by the fire during those winter months when there was not much going on in the fields. They would set and sharpen their pocket knives as they joked around with their wild tales. This knife was left in the windowsill and the owner never came back and claimed it back in the 60s. It stayed there for probably six months before Dad put it up on the candy case , where it remained for years. I had asked him that if no one ever claimed the knife if I could have it. When he sold the store in 1970 he gave the knife to me. So I know that it's over 50 years old. It was wore down just as you see it when I received it. Does anyone have an idea of the year that it was made? Sorry for the long winded story about how I got the knife. Buster

Case XX

76F1BF709234420D9201AEABDD2C8F6F.jpg

Attachments

• 76F1BF709234420D9201AEABDD2C8F6F.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 57

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: logueb

As a lot of you know my Dad (actually Stepdad) ran a small country store and gas station on Highway US 319 down in Georgia . He built the store himself in 1945 at the end of WWII. He went to work at Camp Gordon (now Fort Gordon) during the war as a carptenter's apprentice. He heard about the big money at the Southeastern Shipyard in Savannah building ships. Not sure what kind of ships, but always assumed they were used during the war. The war ended and he took the money he had earned and bought some land on Hwy 319 and built a gas station and country store. At one time this was a major route from up north to Florida. Lots of tourist trade during the summers and some during the winters. Well he had a large fireplace and always kept a whetstone ( whet rock) in the windowsill by the fireplace so those farmers could sharpen their knives as they sat by the fire during those winter months when there was not much going on in the fields. They would set and sharpen their pocket knives as they joked around with their wild tales. This knife was left in the windowsill and the owner never came back and claimed it back in the 60s. It stayed there for probably six months before Dad put it up on the candy case , where it remained for years. I had asked him that if no one ever claimed the knife if I could have it. When he sold the store in 1970 he gave the knife to me. So I know that it's over 50 years old. It was wore down just as you see it when I received it. Does anyone have an idea of the year that it was made? Sorry for the long winded story about how I got the knife. Buster

Case XX

Any numbers on the Blades Buster?[8|]

logueb

Reaction score
No numbers Mr. Fred. I checked both blades, even under a microscope. Not a hint of a number.

idigjars

Reaction score
Nice knife Buster. Also some other great pics of knives. I used to collect Case Peanuts and still have at least a hundred or so. I can post some pics if okay, I don't want to take away from your thread. Thanks for sharing pics with us. Paul

logueb

Reaction score
Thanks Paul, This is an everybodys thread. It's all about knives, old, new, the more the better. Buster

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: logueb

Case XX

Buster!--near as i can tell---The stamping on that knife was used from 1940----1960 according to one of my books.--I'm looking for that particular knife---but need to rest my Eyeballs [:D].

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.