Barlow Knife

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wangan

Reaction score
Wow! Love the Ghurka, Kukri! I have always wanted one of those!Do you have the sheath with the little jugular knife too? I heard the Punjabs could actually lop a head off with one of those.My brother in law had one and by the weight of it,I dont doubt they could.

You have some nice looking steel there.I have a British Commando toothpick somewhere.Some of my favorites are a German bayonet and a Phillipean machete.Ill post a few pic.s later.

LC

Reaction score
You have some nice knives there . I have a small fixed blade in a sheaf that my Grandfather gave me when I was a kid , made in Germany , will post a pic if I can figure out where I put it . I do not remember my Grandfather ever using the knife or where he got it , one day he just handed it to me and said , HERE !

LC

Reaction score
Bruce , I just did a quick search on Google , and came up with a site to figure out how to date your Case knife . Go to the following site below and scroll down the page till you find the info to identify your knife . I do know that the series of the number stamped on a blade identifies the type of handle as well as other information . A certain space of the numbers will identify the date the knife was issued , I just do not remember which ones that do . It may touch on that on the site below, I believe you will find the information there to be quite interesting , Lou

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wr_case/about_case_knives/date_identification.php

Wangan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: L C

. I do not remember my Grandfather ever using the knife or where he got it , one day he just handed it to me and said , HERE !

That reminds me of what Dad told me the first time I asked to borrow his knife.He said "If I didnt have a knife,it would be the next thing I would buy".[:D]

LC

Reaction score
I have had a knife since I was around ten years old Tim . I had saved a small bit of money , two or three dollars if I remember right , went to the hardware store in town and bought me a two bladed Barlow . I was really proud of it and thought it neat as all get out as for taking it out and putting it back in my pocket , made me feel all grown up . I do not remember what ever happened to it . I do remember cutting a couple of my fingers pretty badly while attempting to whittle with it , and Mom taking it away from me for a couple of weeks . My Grandsons are seven and nine now and I have been debating on when to give them a kinfe . Guess I will have to clear it with their parents before doing so .

Road Dog

Reaction score
My first knife was a knife my Dad gave me. He was in the Navy and it was one of those metal folding knives. These are what I carry these days.

7AA4A27DD9C7414EB1F5C3ABCB734FAF.jpg

Attachments

• 7AA4A27DD9C7414EB1F5C3ABCB734FAF.jpg
    7AA4A27DD9C7414EB1F5C3ABCB734FAF.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 62

glass man

Reaction score
I HAVE SOME NICE KNIVES FROM MY DAD AND BROTHER THAT PASSED AWAY...JAMIE

Wangan

Reaction score
LC,I thought I had a Barlow but it turned out to be a cAMco? pocket knife.I use a Gerber thumb flicker like that Road Dog.I had a part serrated one but the tip broke and I cant find it.

Here are a few I have.A couple are home made but all have good steel.The two handed machete was a project I was going to finish that a friend had started from boiler plate.I started a Birch handle but never went any further.The blade alone is two feet.I would probably get a workout just lugging it around.[:D]

F2D216FD9266442BB809EAA3ADE64ED1.jpg

Attachments

• F2D216FD9266442BB809EAA3ADE64ED1.jpg
    F2D216FD9266442BB809EAA3ADE64ED1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 63

Road Dog

Reaction score
What's that Jason Voreez knife there? Buck knives are nice. I have one like the one in the lower right. Opens smooth and real sharp. I have a couple of the assist opening types, two automatics and one switch. No bayonets. Whats the story on yours?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL