Be Careful Kicking Around Those Mason Jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
RE: Nice snake

I was painting the outside of a ladies house many years ago when I noticed a pretty big snake going into a pretty big hole!Then he came out another one...he did this in a few holes and I knew he was probably looking for some good sized rats if the holes were any indication.Maybe he had been before and had already gotten rid of them and was just coming back to check up again..as he started leaving the yard at that point.I heard yelling and saw the lady of the house come out with her friend...the ldy had spotted the snake....my bro. came up bout then...though we both did our best she still killed the snake!Man I rather have that rat snake any day over huge rats!!

I also understand having to kill some that get in your yard and you have small children.In the 70s we lived in a house near some ponds and a lake...Lots of snakes there...specially copper heads just lying sunning in the yard..my oldest was a little girl then..so out came the 22..guess I coulda caught and released...but as said before that was one viper that would not find its way into the yard and trust me there are plenty of snakes round here..pretty sure the species ain't endangered at this point...though we now live in town...I have seen a rattle snake dead in the street...ran over..or just commited suicide maybe!JAMIE

CALDIGR2

Reaction score

Warm days, hibernating rattlers come up for some air and sun. Hundreds of 'em there right this minute.
Rocklin1.jpg

Rocklin2.jpg

surfaceone

Reaction score

Rocklin2.jpg

Great picture, Mike!

Glad you rolled up on them in winter. I've always been fearful of finding a huge den like that in the summer Sierra. ~shudder~

rattlesnake-sign.jpg

CALDIGR2

Reaction score

This den is less than 50 yds from many homes. When they depart in a few months most will head down into the brushy areas along the nearby creek. Lotta food for 'em down there, but not around the houses.

carobran

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: creeper71

ORIGINAL: carobran

ORIGINAL: creeper71

ORIGINAL: Gunsmoke47

If you have ever been bitten by a poisenous snake your attitude may change a little about them. I know mine did. I harbor no ill will towards snakes in general and I do practice relocating every rattler I come in contact with. (usually 5 to 10 a year) I relocate his head in one direction and his body in another. I guess I hold grudges.
How about you relocate yourself to a part he isn't in since your in his house he isn't in yours
So he can bite you next time your there?Good idea!![8|]I try to kill any poisonous snakes I see,but leave garter and Kingsnakes alone unless thety're really close to the house or to where Im fishing/hunting.
If your that worried don't go in the wood... your logic make no sense
Makes plenty of sense to me............and thats all that matters.[8|]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229