been digging again

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Romanz

Reaction score
Woke up this morning and decided to go in search of that elusive bottle, I said to my partner Michelle I was off and then shock horror she said she wanted to come aswell!!! Thats the second time in many,many yrs!! I had to wait until she had breakfast/ made phone calls to her friends/found a suitable pair of gloves/filled up her water bottle/got a portable radio/portable fold out chair.....CMON LETS GO!! I WAS THINKING!!Oh wait i need a small fork to dig with she said,so i found one suitable in my shed which has alot of digging tools to cater for all needs. And off we went to a place i have known about for over 3 yrs but have neglected. I thought we were not going to find much so this was going to be an hour dig at most. I was finding broken insulators, broken jars and bases of nice aerated water bottles and every now and again she would yell out if this bottle was any good or that bottle was any good, "No" I was saying for about 20 mins, Then she said is this any good and holds up a Cork top coffin poison, I said yeah thats ok! Then she finds another, then another, then a Phenyle poison from about the 1940's which had stars and warning lines/bumps, very heavily embossed Aussie poison, Bugger i was thinking as i unearthed another broken unembossed sauce.Then she holds up a rolled lipped Poison just dripping with embossing from a local firm and it dates to around the 1900's!!!Then an old fruit jar lid, small bell insulator,embossed F&N milk from the 60's, To finish off the dig which was only for around 2 hrs she found a local small size 6.5oz C/S from Frankston. The screw tops are what i found and should be lined up on the fence for target practice this time tomorrow.

I thought she may have been bitten by the bottle bug with the luck she had but said it would be many many yrs before she goes again.Oh yes the cone inks....she found them to. Good company, good dig.It was fun.

5A4CC047D4C048138FC69A8F6ECBA50D.jpg

Attachments

• 5A4CC047D4C048138FC69A8F6ECBA50D.jpg
    5A4CC047D4C048138FC69A8F6ECBA50D.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 67

Mihai

Reaction score
Romanz, I count the bottles in your picture and I see you partner took you to a digging sesion and not the other way. A lucrative day anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85