BELDING'S SARSAPARILLA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
I posted a message in the New To Collection file and it was suggested that I post here with a picture. I just bought this bottle along with several others and even though I have been collecting a long time I do not recall ever seeing one of these. I am most interested in its RARITY and approximate value as I will be selling it soon. It's about 9 1/2" tall.

9F6CAA65FCED4958A4F85A3DA01E6577.jpg

Attachments

• 9F6CAA65FCED4958A4F85A3DA01E6577.jpg
    9F6CAA65FCED4958A4F85A3DA01E6577.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 71

glass man

Reaction score
WELCOME JIM! LOOKS LIKE A GOOD ONE! WILL TRY TO FIND MY OLD SARSAPRILLA BOOK ROUND HERE SOME WHERE. WON'T HELP WITH VALUE,BUT MAY SHED LIGHT ON RAREITY. [&:] JAMIE

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi Jim -

I found your bottle listed in Phyllis Shimko's Sarsaparilla Bottle Encyclopedia (1969) on pg. 32. Made by the Dr. Belding Medicine Co.of Minneapolis, MN from 1908-1917. Owner was M. W. Savage who was noted for owning the famous horse Dan Patch. Bottle is listed as very rare with a value of $6-12 (remember this is from 1969). Nice bottle, good luck with your sale.

Regards - Sam

glass man

Reaction score
IN MY BOOK "AMERICAN SARSAPARILLA BOTTLES" BY JOHN DEGRAFFT 1980 [ONE OF THE MOST RECOGNIZED BOOKS AROUND ON THESE BOTTLES DESPITE THE AGE. MR. DEGRAFFT CAME OUT WITH A SUPPLEMENT TO THIS BOOK,GETTING IN SARS. BOTTLES THAT WAS NOT IN MY/HIS 1ST BOOK. THIS WAS IN THE 90S I THINK. I DON'T HAVE IT] THERE ARE TWO DR. BELDING'S -1- ALL EMBOSSED ON FRONT "DR. BELDING'S /SARSAPARRILLA/WILD CHERRY/MINNEAPOLIS MINN. COLOR CLEAR,BASE PLAIN-9" TALL. LISTED AS EX. RARE

2ND ONE [YOURS?] EMBOSSED ON FRONT -"DR.BELDING'S/WILD CHERRY/SARSAPARILLA" SIDE-"DR. BELDING MEDICINE CO" OTHER SIDE-MINNEAPOLIS,MINN. COLOR AQUA BASE PLAIN 9INCH. HIGH LISTED AS SCARCE RARITY REFERENCE EX.RARE,RARE,SCARCE,COMMON,VERY COMMON

WELL I HOPE THIS HELPED SOME. HATE IT THAT IT IS NOT THE EX. RARE ONE,BUT SACRCE AIN'T BAD! COUARSE SINCE 1980 A LOT MORE COULDA BEEN FOUND OR NOW DAYS IT MAY BE MUCH HARDER TO FIND.

I LOVE THE BOTTLE AND WISH I COULD AFFORD IT! [&:] JAMIE

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR