Bicycles, Bears, Balloons and bottles...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dugout

Reaction score
RE: Bicycles, Bears, Balloons and bottles...Part 2

Nice to see you 2 getting out and exploring. You'll find it eventually!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Great color on this guy...

40156F592EE2490FB70416759710863E.jpg

I now regret selling that bottle the next day at the Rochester, NY show. You can't keep them all I guess...Maybe I will find another next time we go back up that valley?

PD

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

Great color on this guy...

40156F592EE2490FB70416759710863E.jpg

I now regret selling that bottle the next day at the Rochester, NY show. You can't keep them all I guess...Maybe I will find another next time we go back up that valley?

PD

That's like saying maybe I will find another puce eagle [8D] Wait,I didn't sell mine lol Hold on to those "different" ones you probably wont find them in the ground again.

mr.fred

Reaction score

We gathered up our gear and headed in....Here's a rare Penn Digger sighting on a bike!
m6.gif
 He was flying low the two miles in...I had a hard time keeping up...[:D]

82834EBE02D348569013D55AB791B25D.jpg
Glad to see the Training Wheels are off![sm=thumbup.gif]

Plumbata

Reaction score

Awesome that you guys use bikes!

Back in college I bicycled to quite a number of dumps. It saved gas and was good exercise and there was just something more "centering" and harmonious about biking to a dig spot, stashing the bike next to the hole, then loading up the pack and tools on the back and biking back home.

Hard to explain, but something about being outside in the fresh air the whole time, hearing the birds and smelling the smells and seeing the sights at a slower pace (versus the time being punctuated by being enclosed withing an unnatural vehicle, and going too fast to appreciate the little sights to be seen) made each dig feel much more "complete" and in-tune with the world, and thus much more satisfying and therapeutic.

Anyway, keep it up guys, and may you find the mother-load of pontiled wax sealers in an as-yet unfound cellar-hole! [:)]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)

ORIGINAL: Plumbata

Awesome that you guys use bikes!

Back in college I bicycled to quite a number of dumps. It saved gas and was good exercise and there was just something more "centering" and harmonious about biking to a dig spot, stashing the bike next to the hole, then loading up the pack and tools on the back and biking back home.

Hard to explain, but something about being outside in the fresh air the whole time, hearing the birds and smelling the smells and seeing the sights at a slower pace (versus the time being punctuated by being enclosed withing an unnatural vehicle, and going too fast to appreciate the little sights to be seen) made each dig feel much more "complete" and in-tune with the world, and thus much more satisfying and therapeutic.

Anyway, keep it up guys, and may you find the mother-load of pontiled wax sealers in an as-yet unfound cellar-hole! [:)]

m6.gif
Thanks Stephen! Likewise to you,...the bikes DO make it more fun.
m6.gif

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson