bill porters coca cola book.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

newtothebottleworld

Reaction score
I am a little confused by the system used to value a bottle in porters book.You first grade the bottle by condition,each grade is given a range of points.You take the points or number of the grade (the lowest range is 0.0-0.5,the highest being 5.0,which is for a perfectly mint bottle)then multiply the color (10 for aqua,15 for amber)then multiply again according to how rare the bottle is( 0 for a common bottle, 1.5 -2.0 for a scarce 3.0 for scarce+, 4-5 for rare,and 6 for rare+)With all that said,i have seen aqua ss cokes sell for under $10 on ebay,and i have seen some unknown cokes go for about $1000.There is no set price when it comes to ebay.capsoda said he seen one sell for 15 bucks on ebay.

kastoo

Reaction score
here's a CSC

C13A9323F7B445BBB36DA6FEF4AA55AA.jpg

Attachments

• C13A9323F7B445BBB36DA6FEF4AA55AA.jpg
    C13A9323F7B445BBB36DA6FEF4AA55AA.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 68

grime5

Reaction score
my name is in the book and i cant tell all of what he is talking about sometimes. later greg

BARQS19

Reaction score
Boy I haven't been on in a while. As for Porter's book, the second edition contains only 1 or two unknown bottles that were recently found. Hell it didn't even include the two I found so no, nothing much has changed. As for these things going for $40 on ebay, I've seen it and I think it's stupid. All you have to do is call the man up or email him, you can get this information from anyone on here that has the book, and he'll sell you one for $12 I believe. Now it does take him forever for some reason to send it to you which is ridiculous but I got mine pretty fast because I called him twice asking where it was. Now I'm not sure but I think he moved from the location that is in the book but I think I've got it written down in mine. If you do a search under Porter here on the forum you may find the conversation that we had about this some time ago. I believe I mentioned the information on how to go about getting one of the books. Here I found it, check out this old discussion.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m_28950/mpage_1/key_porter/tm.htm#28950
Robert
BARQS19

muddyfingers

Reaction score
Tallahassee,Fl and Fort Wayne,In just depends
A good reference book for rarity of bottles in Ga. is Georgia Early Embossed Crown Top Soda Bottles. It lists all known Ga. bottles by city. It shows full color photos and states bottling companies. It was written by Carl Barnett and Ken Nease who are both well known collectors.

kastoo as for your G.S.C.(George S. Cobb) bottle it is worth about $20 and seems to be common from what I know. But to a local Lagrange collector it may go for a little more.

kastoo

Reaction score
Thanks

Man all this Time I thought it was CSC but your post made me look closer and by golly it it isn't GSC...so tell me about this guy..who was he and where did he live?

muddyfingers

Reaction score
Tallahassee,Fl and Fort Wayne,In just depends
Im still workin on things about the Cobb soda works, as I figure more out I will let you know.
I can let you know there are only 3 known colors aqua, clear, and lt. blue. Shoulder script cokes from your area are worth a little more than the base script. But thats only good for what you or someone else is willing to pay.
Willy

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles