bireley's and barq's?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jackleal

Reaction score
has anyone ever seen a Bireley's bottle with "Barq" on the bottom? Pics are too large to send here. Will send to your email if you'd like.

madman

Reaction score
yo jackleal, is this the bottle, also a pix of the base, send me and email of the barqs engraving, sounds intersting mike

Tr50555.jpg

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi madman, he sent me pics of what looks something like yours, couldn't really tell, your pictures are more clearer, I remember a tail coming off that last letter and going to the left so I know it's not a Q or else it would go to the right, looked like a G, but now it looks like an O. I think your's says Daero, looking at it in a way it could look like it would say Barq. It wouldn't make any sense to have Barq's on the bottle because they were in no way affiliated with Bireleys. I had thought that maybe this was the glass co. but obviously duraglass is, I have seen this on other Bireleys, maybe it is the owners name. I have a couple of these at my antique booth and will check the bottom of them to get an exact answer.
Robert
BARQS19

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi looking at his pics again, his does not say Daero but says what looks like Barg, the only thing I can think of ( his doesn't have a glass maker ) is that either this is the glass maker or maybe somehow connected to Barg's and Foster Candy Co. that's the only other company I can think of, his definately isn't a Q because the tail goes to the left so it's a G.
Robert
BARQS19

madman

Reaction score
hey jackleal and barqs, the dacro embossed on the the base is the type of closure that was used on the bottle, its like a giant crown cap made of metal not foil heres an example mike

Sp45073.jpg

jackleal

Reaction score
It is Dacro on the bottom! Thank all of you guys for helping me figure this out. I found this bottle repairing an old water line in Galena Park, Tx back in the 70's. Again, thanks to all.
jack

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter