bitters

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I have found tons of the later Moses Atwoods Bitters, but I found one today that is new to me. I dont know much about bitters so maybe I can get some help on this one.
Its an ATWOOD'S JAUNDICE BITTERS MOSES ATWOOD GEORGETOWN MASS. . 12 sided. Looks fairly early with a lot of whittle and a crude flat lip. The bottom is marked M.F.D. BY MANHATTEN MEDICINE COMPANY NY. How common are these?

Tr50948.jpg

Attachments

• Tr50948.jpg
    Tr50948.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 52

Road Dog

Reaction score
This was the proprietary company in 1877. So, probably only the bottles around this time had that on the bottom. I have never seen that variation or a listing for it.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Gunther ,
Your Atwood's is fairly scarce ! It is a Ring & Ham's A 116 .
MANHATTAN MEDICINE CO. 122 Liberty Street New York.
There is also a variant with your embossing on the base that has the ATWOOD'S // JAUNDICE // BITTERS // M. CARTER & SON // GEORGETOWN // MASS. embossing on the side panels.
Brian

tigue710

Reaction score
They bring 5 bucks... I've had a few of them, they're not scarce as compared to other scarce meds, just scarce as compared to other atwoods.

JustGlass

Reaction score
I found one like it a month ago at a flea market in Maine. They wanted $18.00 for it. I thought it was kind of cool but pass on it when the seller wouldn't go any lower on the price. I also saw another one at a bottle show this year but I can't remember what price they had on it.

KBbottles

Reaction score
Thx guys! Wasn't sure as I've only seen the double ring lip treatment and they are usually give aways or dollar box pieces at shows.

-KB

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH