Blatz Part 2

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DjDale

Reaction score
Here is another pic of the Bottle. It is a clear bottle, only the contents make it amber.

Dale

Hf97809.jpg

Attachments

• Hf97809.jpg
    Hf97809.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 55

kastoo

Reaction score
That star is the Star of David. It is a symbol of the Jewish faith. Jewish people do not believe the Savior has come yet. Therefore, they only recognize the old testament and not Jesus or the Gospels (new testament).

Anyway, I'd guess that was wine or some sort of a "kosher" drink. Kosher is a way in which something is prepared acceptable to God in the Jewish tradition. Orthodox Jewish do not mix dairy and meat products. I believe the Star on the bottle means the maker is Jewish OR it is telling the consumer the contents have been prepared following the kosher rules.

flasherr

Reaction score
If I remember blatz was beer. During prohibition a lot of beer makers started producing soft drinks to stay in business. I believe this is what you bottle is. More than likely it is a beer bottle that was used for soda until prohibition was revoked. IM not sure about it being kosher I believe they just used the star on their bottle as part of the design.
Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem