Bottle Auction till end of July

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score

stinger haut

Reaction score
You have a lot of nice bottles up for auction. The starting prices are very reasonable.
Have you used this auction house before? I was also wondering why you chose a west coast auction house?
Stinger

epgorge

Reaction score
Stinger,

Thanks. Total ignorance and gut feelling. I also, thought the saratoga's would be fewer and get more attention. I have never sold bottles before, except commons and just to get money to buy more desirables.

I found out about the auction house through the Federations web page. I spoke with Randy Driscoll several times and liked him and his apparent honesty. I guess it is a bit of a gamble. Perhaps, I should have put them in the bottle works auction but even those people had to start somewhere.

I told Randy to start them all at .99 cents. He opted to put the starting prices, not me. He knows his market better than I so I didn't say anything to him about it.

I really don't think I will lose my shirt anyway, when considering it is all fine glass I am selling. The timing, venue and market are all a huge consideration.

Thanks for the kind words on the bottles. I have several I wouldn't sell because I they are worth much more to me than I could ever get in the market.

Joel

stinger haut

Reaction score
Ep, that may be a smart move to cut down the competition.
I'll use different auction houses to sell bottles where I feel they have the best chance.
You really do have some nice bottles, I would imagine you'll do well.
Stinger

epgorge

Reaction score
Chris,
They waived all consignment fees. They have a 10% or 12% hammer mark up. That is how they make their money.

They also send you a check within 30 days as there is no call backs.

Joel

epgorge

Reaction score
Not really. Did you buy anything?
Ep

baltbottles

Reaction score
Ep,

Sorry to hear you wern't happy with the prices. But of all the auctions conducted by this company my opinion has been that many of the bottles they have sold have gone cheap. When compared to the prices made by some of the other auction houses. As for me buying anything, not from this last sale.

Chris

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Interesting. I live in CA and have not heard of this auction before. Guess I'll be checkin' it out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete