Bottle collection for sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Niles; You sure have a neat collection. I am into marks on the glass that tell me how they were made. <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com> Right now I am looking for turn molded or pase molded bottles that have a tooled applied finish, and have vertical stress lines under the finish [ in the neck glass. These lines are usually ten or twelve in number and about an inch long, usually turned at the top end and an 1/8th inch to a quarter inch apart. I even have one with a blo top that has an applied handle on it. I also have some hand tooled crown finish bottles that were turn molded. There are bird swings, and press ware with spikes in the center of the bottom. Bottles with glass pinched at the seams where the pinch is still there or blown on the sidewall of the bottle, where it fell andd the bottle was blown covering it on the inside of the leaf form. If you have any odd ball marked glass I am looking for bottlemysteries to try and solve.Thanks for a little of your time toi think about it. If you read my home page, it will tell you about my life of glass working experience. RED Matthews

stephenfox911

Reaction score
I really want the Aye?s for aches. The cherry ayers pectoral. The sherry wine bitters. And there is a green one that i like. How do we do this? I would like to buy them. My email is stephenfox911@gmail.com. my # is 803-457-4002. Im new but wanr to start out with a few of these. ALSO: I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR BAYER BOTTLES. WITH THE BAYER INA CROSS ON THE BACK. ANY SIZE! PAY YA TOP $! tHANK YA

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I guess I screwed up what I just typed, and lost it. I am interested in buying the Tippecanoe bottle and the Dr. Thatcher's medical bottle for the Liver and Blood Syrup. I am assuming it is the same man that invented the milk bottle. I worked for Thatcher Glass for 15 years, so it is interesting. Let me know the price and it it will work I will send you the money and my New York address. RED Matthews <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com>

RED Matthews

Reaction score
AT the present time i am working on a blog covering turn molded bottles ( where they applied a sawdust paste in the molds and turned the blown bottle with the blowpipe. This turning put vertical stress lines in the glass under the applied and tooled finish. If you had one or two showing these stress lines - I would be interested in them. I also have two bottles that were turned with embossing in the bottom, and the letters were smeared by the turning. I have always tried to study the bottle makers marks that become bottle mysteries. I even got one the other day, where the maker swabbed the bottom plate with a black oil to keep the lettering, but the black oil made a bunch of vertical black lines inside the bottles sidewall l the way to the shoulder and about a quarter inch between them. That became a new bottle mystery; but the bottom embossing was beautifull. RED Matthews

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I didn't find it here Bert; but I thought I wrotre to you about thetippacanoe bottle and the Dr. THATCHER bottle. Let me know what you want for them.RED Matthews - email <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com>

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen