Bottle Database - info, photos, collaboration...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

badkittystt

Reaction score
Hello bottle lovers!

Over the past few days I have been working on making an inventory database of all of our bottles and other ocean finds and I thought it may be helpful to share what I'm doing.

I was hoping that we could share our methods on keeping track of our treasure, and possibly offer some help with new ideas. I am using Bento, a Filemaker program made for Mac. My fields for each bottle are; Bottle ID, Approximate Date, What is it?, Dimensions, Front Image, Bottom Image, and Area of Interest. I've also left a place for notes on each bottle and an area to attach related files such as pdf's, emails, or anything else I come across that can be saved to that bottle's file.

I hope this can actually be useful, I wish I had found something like it when I started on this project!

(I just joined the forum about an hour ago and haven't looked at the image help section, but I will be posting images soon)

Thanks and I look forward to sharing!

Kitty

badkittystt

Reaction score
let's see if this worked! I think I uploaded a screen shot of my database, just tiny little teaser photos of some of the bottles.

FC5A2AA96380420683A4C6EB41FBCA39.jpg

Attachments

• FC5A2AA96380420683A4C6EB41FBCA39.jpg
    FC5A2AA96380420683A4C6EB41FBCA39.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 91

tigue710

Reaction score
very nice, its important to keep a catalog of your collection, this looks like a great way to do it! There are some data base programs made especially for collectors available on the market, but I'd say you got them beat

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Interesting.
But I wouldn't know where to start and wouldn't live long enough to get it all covered. I started to make number and date lists and photographs. But it exceeded what my computers could handle. As it is - it takes me a long time to find and review what I have collected.
But they are all important for some special reason.

My daughter is helping me part with some of them on the 'bay - but there are a lot of them left to work on. She is putting up a nice lead glass perfume with the Daisey and Bow tie pattern that is a beauty - soon. It was made in a four leaf mold with a ground taper finish and a tall lead glass stopper. It doesn't go well with my other glass items, according to her.
RED Matthews

badkittystt

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone! I'm still figuring out the forum (I'm on a few different forums and each one is so different, need to find my bearings) but I look forward to exploring and learning from everyone.

Kitty

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology