Bottle Diving On Scuba

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diver rick

Reaction score

Rp43233.jpg

Attachments

• Rp43233.jpg
    Rp43233.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 87

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi Rick, Nice find! Those are open pontil scarred snuff bottles. They would probably date pre 1860 and I have seen them go anywhere from $40.00 to $150.00 on Ebay. Hope this helps, Kelley

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Roy,
Great find there,don't see pontilled snuffs often. Where abouts were they found? We might be able to guess where they were made which could effect the value as well. Better check that area for any other bottles.
Cliff

diver rick

Reaction score
they came forme a town called starksvill lee co ga any info on this town i would like.every thing i have[ with the exception of a fiew i dug in dougherty co ga landfill the old one by the river] i get frome rivers creeks in south ga north fla.heres my snuffs i like best
does anyone know these?

Fd90689.jpg

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
Dear NorthEast Bottle diver.

I went for a tour of your website. Its looks like you guys are getting a lot of bottles. Down here in Halifax Nova Scotia we also do most of our neat bottles finds underwater. We have a lot of shipwrecks but very few from the pre-1800 are know. Many of our shipwrecks have yet to be discovered. A great many have been blown and salvaged over the years. The harbour is a great place to dive because it has been a landfill for many centuries. Dishes and bottles are numerous and quite often easy to retrieve. MOst of our bottle diving is done in the winter. In the summer, we try to do as much wreck diving as possible. We were out early this morning and the water was very cold (36F). But our dive was great and it was all worth while
Very nice web site.

P.S. Do you get to eat the huge lobster that you bing up to the surface? How much does it cost to get a license down you way. Here we are not allowed to fish for lobster on scuba

All the best

Thierry G. Papion

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75