Bottle ID help.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Seth Lang

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just joined today to see if anyone could help me ID this bottle. I found it this afternoon on a walk poking out of the moss on a trail behind my home on Vancouver Island Canada. There are no markings beyond the cross on the bottom. Appreciate any help. Guessing it's a standard old beer bottle.
20210102_154435.jpg
20210102_154421.jpg
20210102_154402.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Looks pretty old. I got a cobalt blue Norris Hutch from Detroit with the same X on bottom but don't think your bottle is as old as my hutch. I don't know much about Canadian Bottles so may a Canadian guy can help more. Welcome to the site. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm originally from out your way. Your bottle is an Asian beer bottle, they're often incredibly crude considering they're 20th century bottles. Not totally sure on the date range for these, I think most likely 1910s-20s, maybe a little bit later but not much. If I were you I'd go have a look around where you found it to see if there are any other bottles there.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Your bottle is a very attractive color. Welcome to Antique Bottles. Collect what you like. Like what you collect. Remember that bottles are just stuff. The true treasure is not bottles, but friends. Hope you acquire many. This is a good place to find them.

Seth Lang

Reaction score
Very cool! Great Info! I will be going back for sure. I'll post anything I find here. Thanks alot for your answer!

Seth Lang

Reaction score
Very cool! Great Info! I will be going back for sure. I'll post anything I find here. Thanks alot for your answer

Seth Lang

Reaction score
Your bottle is a very attractive color. Welcome to Antique Bottles. Collect what you like. Like what you collect. Remember that bottles are just stuff. The true treasure is not bottles, but friends. Hope you acquire many. This is a good place to find them.
Thanks Uncle Bruce! I know exactly what you mean. I've been metal detecting for 30 plus years and the highlights are are the friends that I have met along the way. I'm going digging with a few of them today. I'll use my metal detector up where I found the bottle and see if there is a nail patch where a house may have been.

tsims

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just joined today to see if anyone could help me ID this bottle. I found it this afternoon on a walk poking out of the moss on a trail behind my home on Vancouver Island Canada. There are no markings beyond the cross on the bottom. Appreciate any help. Guessing it's a standard old beer bottle. View attachment 216423View attachment 216424View attachment 216425
Hi, I am a new member and live on Vancouver Island as well. I've never gone bottle digging as never knew where to go. Depending on where you live would be interested in digging bottles just for the experience if you are ever looking for a digging partner. I picked up about 100 bottles just recently that someone in Courtenay found under an old house on a property they just bought. Unfortunately 95% had no labels or embossing but are all 1850 - 1930 era. I have lots of nice green bottles like you have there and best of all they were free.but none with the X on the bottom.

Nickneff

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just joined today to see if anyone could help me ID this bottle. I found it this afternoon on a walk poking out of the moss on a trail behind my home on Vancouver Island Canada. There are no markings beyond the cross on the bottom. Appreciate any help. Guessing it's a standard old beer bottle. View attachment 216423View attachment 216424View attachment 216425
I think you're right could be a beer is really crude I really like how it looks never seen anything like that around in my part of a country I live in Louisville Kentucky

tsims

Reaction score
I think you're right could be a beer is really crude I really like how it looks never seen anything like that around in my part of a country I live in Louisville Kentucky
If you are interested in any more old bottles like that let me know and if you are out this way i can spot you a few to start your collection. Qualicum Bay area.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator