Bottle thinking

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gromit0299

Reaction score
Since becoming obsessed with glass, I've found myself thinking of all of the sparse land around us as untouched goldmines (especially since I'm pretty close to Valley Forge). Every area I pass, I think "glass glass glass glass "where's the hole" glass glass glass."

Is this a disease? Does every digger think this way? [:D]

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hahaha I can't help but drive through a town and start looking at the houses thinking that one looks pontil age. Then wondering what the backyard looks like and is it dig-able. Or I pull in a parking lot and notice a round sink near the back of the lot and think I bet thats a privy. Before I know it i'm standing next to said sink looking around thinking is there any way we could dig this thing lol. Its a sickness it has to be hahaha

Chris

baltbottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Gromit0299

It's causing my driving to become horrible. I nearly veer off the road when I see a sinking spot.

you mite want to avoid driving in old towns and cities for awhile .......

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
I think it everyday when I drive thru town saying thats the right age let me go check the map.. need to get permission here.. oh there's that side hill along the highway we started to dig but got booted.. Dam I know there's good bottles there.. It's like drugs your always looking for the next fix.. It can cause major home problems sometimes to.. the guy have heard the one sidde conversation only a few more feet n were done. promise to be home soon.. then day turns to night night turns to the next day.. and so on!!!

The phone rings at mid night hey we need a pump for this wett hole can you come?? diease yes additction is more the word for it!! It's the rush the the chase of digging something thats ben hidden for over 100 years bringing it to light and saying wow check it out !!!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
I think it everyday when I drive thru town saying thats the right age let me go check the map.. need to get permission here.. oh there's that side hill along the highway we started to dig but got booted.. Dam I know there's good bottles there.. It's like drugs your always looking for the next fix.. It can cause major home problems sometimes to.. the guy have heard the one sidde conversation only a few more feet n were done. promise to be home soon.. then day turns to night night turns to the next day.. and so on!!!

You mean to tell me that everyone doesn't think this way? [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

peejrey

Reaction score
I'm glad yo people are feeling this way..I haven't found, and or bought a bottle in over 3-5 weeks..I'M GOING INTO WITHDRAWAL HERE PEOPLE!!
IF THERE WAS AN INSANE SMILEY, IT WOULD BE USED!!![X(] [:'(][:-][:-][X(]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I find myself thinking it quite often... In GR, 75% of houses are Victorian or earlier... Mostly this means 1906-1910 or so, but of course there are a LOT of older houses here. Whenever I have a specific objective in an area of town I haven't seen a million times, the first thing I do is guess about the age of the house... Sometimes I'll say to myself "Gee, this looks really old! I'll have to do some research on it." And often I do. So many places to dig, so little time... [:mad:]

tigue710

Reaction score
pretty sure its a disease.... I contemplated turning down a job so I could dig next week! I cant for the life of me make any sense of it all...

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: peejrey

I'm glad yo people are feeling this way..I haven't found, and or bought a bottle in over 3-5 weeks..I'M GOING INTO WITHDRAWAL HERE PEOPLE!!
IF THERE WAS AN INSANE SMILEY, IT WOULD BE USED!!![X(] [:'(][:-][:-][X(]
3-5 WEEKS??[:eek:][:eek:]....HOW ARE YOU STILL ABLE TO TYPE??!!?!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL