Bottle wiki?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Has anybody ever considered consolidating the information about bottles & manufacturers into one site? It would be so much easier not to have to search six different sites just to research one bottle.

epackage

Reaction score
That is a major undertasking, it would take thousands and thousands of man hours, I consider this forum my Bottle Wikipedia...

MichaelFla

Reaction score
It IS a major undertaking. However, being a collaborative effort, the work is spread to all contributors. I use this forum as a wiki sometimes, but when someone has a question and we all go searching for results, it could speed those efforts immensely. I realize it's a pipe dream, but it might be something to think about long term.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
That is a great start! And yes, it requires an entire community to bring it into fruition. But each person in the community brings a little bit of knowledge and adds to the existing information. The whole idea of a wiki is "community effort."

ctbottledigger

Reaction score
Well i have actually been logging a lot of info to use for the site if you want to start to add things be my guest. One nice thing is if someone adds something that is incorrect on a wiki it will get changed rather fast.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Yes, it will. And in a community as small as the bottle collecting world it would be more dependable than something like Wikipedia, where some subjects may have grossly inaccurate information.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I think this interchange of knowledge and caring sharing and exchanging - gives a lot of us a lot of satisfaction and great feelings for those that get acquainted with each other. I know of a good three dozen friends established by this forum and a lot of common interest in each other. I recently had a man drive over 50 miles to take me to a bottle show - because my better half didn't want me to go by myself. We'll keep it going as long as we are able to !!! RED Matthews

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Yes, welcome.The author is one of the original members here as well.I've referred to that site since it was still part of the Bureau and it has expanded greatly since then..

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese