bottles from Texas picked up on my trip

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BARQS19

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long flasherr, but here is the bottles I picked up.

Tr51283.jpg

Attachments

• Tr51283.jpg
    Tr51283.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 84

BARQS19

Reaction score
The first big chief is from Steamboat springs, CO, Glenwood Springs, CO and Vernal, UT, odd that it had three cities on it. The second just says bottled with pure davis mountain water. Third is a Mission bottle from Alpine, TX, fourth is a Sun Tang from Barq's bottling works Waco TX. 5th and 6th are Barq's bottles from Abilene, TX. 7th is a Buck Brand bottle from Uvalde, TX. 8th is a Big Red bottle from the Barq's bottling Works, San Antonio, TX

BARQS19

Reaction score
The first one is a golden age from Houston Tx. The second and third are two different ACL uncle Jo's (I've never seen these before, most are the amber or clear embossed versions) they are from Ft. Worth, TX. 4th is a General Beverages from Abilene, TX, 5th is a Caprock from the 7up bottling works from Lubbock, TX. 6th is a Winner bottle from Kaufman, TX and the 7th is a 7up from El paso.
Robert
BARQS19

bubbas dad

Reaction score
robert
nice selection of bottles. i am from the south east and while i have heard of some of them.i have never seen any in person. i think the golden age is a nice bottle and a nice play on words
john

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Nice looking ACLs. Some of them look like perfect candidates for a shot of CLR to brighten and clean up the paint - I'm amazed at how well that cleans them up.

-Sam

flasherr

Reaction score
Nice bottles Robert. I still have yet to get a general beverages bottle. they aren't around here and I haven't a clue where they went. I hope you got a good deal on all your bottles and had good time in Texas. there are several bottles there i don't have in my collection. i guess i should go searching up that way sometime
Brian

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi most of them came out of antique stores in Big Spring and Abilene. Someone just cleaned the coke plant out in Big spring, had coke machines and crap everywhere, the owner sold all that stuff for cheap said he still had some machines and bottles left. Said he sold all the signs to some guy in GA for $900. There were two kickass bottle stores (or at least looked that way through the window) in Big Spring but the owners never would show. If you are interested in any let me know which ones, I was about to list them on ebay.
Robert

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75