bottles from the 20's and 30's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

new2me

Reaction score
As a kid about 30 years ago I ran across a land fill or old dump site when a builder was building 20 or so homes and unearthed the fill. We collected a ton of old bottles ranging from plain mason jars to embossed bitters bottles, owl poison, inks, milks bottles, coke cola, too many to list over 1000, I have wraped them in newspaper and put them in barrels, I ran across them as we are gettung ready to move and there they were still wraped in newspaper dated 1973, I have no room for them and do not know where to get rid of them at any ideas, I guess Im just not as excited as I was 30 years ago about them....
Waiting to hear any ideas
thanks

Dawny

Reaction score
Well now.. you could always mail them to me [8D] lol

What about listing them on ebay in groups?

maineahh62

Reaction score
hello new2me, what i would do is take your time with them if you can, if you have a web cam go ahead and post some pic's, who know's you may have some nice find's worth more than you think, there are forum member's who may just buy some of your bottles and give you a fair price for them, and find a few nice one's you like to look at and find a nice way to display a piece of the past.

David E

Reaction score
If that Owl poison is triangle shape,and cobalt, there are two that I know have value. I purchased one for $7.00 a lot of years back and it booked for $500.00 and sold it for $375.00. And the one just a little taller than mine was worth more.

dAVE

new2me

Reaction score
here in one that confuses me? what is it

Db84046.jpg

Attachments

• Db84046.jpg
    Db84046.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 90

Bluebelle

Reaction score
Probably telling you what you already know, but the bottom edge says One Quart, and the bottom clearly says Manischewitz Wine - They produce sweet Kosher wines often used by Jewish families for holidays and general household use and have always been very widely available, especially in areas with larger Jewish populations. It's kind of pretty, might make a nice decanter cleaned up. Someone else might have more info, but there doesn't seem to be anything about it that would make it especially valuable.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229