Bottles & Jars for sale - Dayton OH

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kermy812

Reaction score
Hi first time here. I have probably 800 or more bottles & Jars to get rid of. Looking to get rid of them as entire lot. Got a bit of everything: medicine bottles, cold cream jars, brown glass jars, mason jars, avon bottles, wine and whiskey bottles, brown clorox bottles. Odd shaped bottles like person shaped and cabin shaped. I remember one that looks like a violin too. I remember seeing a presidential bottle with Eisenhower on it also. All kinds of sizes from hand sizeed to ones that would hold a gallon or two.

I don't collect bottles, but my dad did when he was alive. Back in the 50's & 60's, he used to go digging through the city dump, scavenging for them.

Or, maybe someone can suggest a place to contact in the Dayton, or Columbus Ohio area.

bottle man

Reaction score
Hi, have any pics of the cabin shped ones? thanks

Kermy812

Reaction score
I'll take some pics this weekend, but I'm really looking just to get rid of these as a giant lot.

Kermy812

Reaction score
Here are pictures:
http://gallery.me.com/kermitr/100059

I didn't unload the giant crate giant crate. Just took pictures of what's on top.
You can click on any of the picture to make them bigger...

coreya

Reaction score
Wow, there are some interesting bottles & jars there, sadly about 90% is yard sale stuff but the other 10% may be some jewels. I love the brown atlas and some of the other canning jars, also the eg booze and other whiskey figurals also who knows what will be in that crate!!! even the insulators may have a jewel or two. I suggest lots of research before you unload anything. Just my humble opinion. ps. wish I was closer.

jays emporium

Reaction score
I looked closely at the pictures and there is really not much of value there. Probably less than 20 bottles that would be worth over $5. each. There may be something in the bottom of the crate but the top does not look promising. The bottles that are worth something, that I could identify, are:
amber Atlas Jar
Ball Standard jars
Lustre jar
Schram jar
1858 CFJ jar
Jumbo Peanut Butter jar
Red lantern globe
Hillbilly Mountain Dew
Straight side Coke (next to Mt Dew)
Embossed aqua Coke, if dated
Embossed soda & beer bottles in crate

If someone wanted to pay you $100 for all the bottles, I'd say sell it.
These pictures look like what would be left after I bought all the good bottles out of a collection. Did someone pick through it years ago and take the Hutchinsons and Bitters and anything else worth over $10? The amber Atlas is the only thing they missed and that jar might be damaged.
Maybe someone else looking at the pics will spot something else.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Consider pulling the eagle-flag (last one) if that's what is is. It may be a repro but it's decent, not a Lestoil.
Could you clean it of and post it, Check for a scar on the base ir even a CB.
Avon used to do well but now full with box don't bring that much. Unless you find someone who really liked the product.
The thing that looks like a small glass bunt pan was interesting too.

Kermy812

Reaction score
We'll crap - I thought I might have had a collection of value. I guess not. I got quite a mess to deal with. Mom's in the nursing home now, and I got her estate to get rid of. So much stuff. Got a fair collection of dolls & books to get rid of too. Maybe I'll see if I can go thru the crate too and take more pictures. I know what it's like to collect things and would really hate to just donate them to Goodwill or Salvation Army. Especially, when there is someone out there who would probably appreciate these very much. I contacted a auctioneer to look at her estate, but told me that it wouldn't be worth his time. I see that there is a Bottle collecting Club in Finlay OH, maybe I'll contact them to see if someone would wan to buy all of these.

jays emporium - About 10 years ago, Mom told me that she sold off a bunch of bottles. But in the last year, it looks like someone might have stolen off a bunch of them out the cellar shed & cellar as well. I took a few myself of one's that were around the house that just reminded me of dad...

cowseatmaize - If I remember correct, that green bottle has a flagship on it. I'll be in Dayton again this weekend & I'll try to take better pics of it. What's a CB?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide