Bottles, what else?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Hello, while I am new to the Forum, I am over 30 years in the hobby. I have collected flasks from NYC/Brooklyn, such as strap sided, coffin, shoo fly, pumpkinseed, ect. for many years. Will do my best to answer any questions you may have on these bottles. Not to be forgotten, if you should have one, and wish to sell it, drop me a line, and I promise you a reply.
Happy Collecting,
Mark

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi NYCFlasks,

Posted this pict a while back and got no replies. Just wondered if you had some info on this strapside flask. Dug it up here in Maine. Age,value and any other info would be great. Thanks.

Cliff

Lj22759.jpg

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Reply to Ye Olde Prospecter: Herman Asendorf is listed as both a wholesale liquor dealer, and a retail liquor dealer for the period 1902-1906. He is not listed in 1895. I looked in the following sources: 1895, 1902,1903,1904,1906 Brooklyn Business Directories published by Lain & Healy, and Trow Directory and Book Binding Co.
So can safely say your bottle is c.1900-1907. I do not have any directories after 1906 at present, so can not determine how long he was in operation beyond 1906.
Estimate current value at 25 to 30 dollars judging by the photo you posted. Hope this helps.
Mark

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi NYCFlasks,

Thanks for the info and research, I hadn;t seen any listing in my books so was curious.Usually find mostly Boston stap siders up here in Maine. I collect mostly miniatures,samples and tiny bottles in general but figured I would hang onto it until I could find some info on it. Thanks for the help.

Cliff

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Dear Cliff,

I am glad to be of help, as these flasks really are not in any books that I am aware of, at least in any numbers.
And this was bonus for me, as I have not seen a flask from this company before, so this a new one on me too!

Mark

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn