Brewerton NY 22 March show review...spoiler alert- HORRIBLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rallcollector

Reaction score
This is the ad straight from the Federation of Historical Bottle Collectors webpage.22 March 2015 (Sunday) Brewerton (Syracuse) New York – 45th Annual Empire State Bottle Collectors Association’s Spring Bottle Show and Sale, will be held on Sunday from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm at the Brewerton Volunteer Fire Hall, 9625 US Route 11, Brewerton, New York 13029. Donation is $3. For information contact: Keon Kellogg, show chairman, 315.963.8681 or e-mail: kkell32369@aol.com FOHBC Member ClubI finished walking the show and was immediately amazed at the number of vendors that didn’t have any glass for sale. I totaled the number of sellers, and it was roughly 32. Then I counted the number of sellers that had a least most of their sales table dedicated to glass, and the number was 17. Look, I understand if you sell milk bottles, you are going to also have for sale a couple milk crates, or dairy thermometers. Those are called go-withs. But what was up with the guy selling jewelry? Two tables full of postcards? Boy scout uniforms? I kid you not, one of the vendors selling nothing but craft items offered a cello for sale. If you are going to advertise a bottle show, by all means have glass at the show. If you are having a flea market, please advertise it as such. I didn’t drive 2 ½ hours one way hoping to score 1980’s baseball cards. Paul

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen