Bricks...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixel

Reaction score
There is a guy here in Ontario that has written a book on "talking bricks"... I have ran into him a few times at some flea markets up near my cottage. Really liked to talk, and sort of an odd fellow whenever I talked to him it seemed. He seemed to have a vast knowledge of the different types, and some of the messages that were also printed on these bricks for sidewalks and such.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Dean,
That territory brick has got to be good. And Joe, I love the Porters with the fancy lettering (with serifs). That might look great on a shelf next to a few bottles.

Dean

Reaction score
Dean,
That territory brick has got to be good. And Joe, I love the Porters with the fancy lettering (with serifs). That might look great on a shelf next to a few bottles.

The thing about territory bricks is from a bottle collecting friend that worked a railroad repair route in SE Oklahoma. His front and rear sidewalks are paved with all different IT, OT, Kansas and Arkansas bricks from his route. It is beautiful with all the embossings and mottos. I'll have to get a picture the next time I visit him. Dean

Dansalata

Reaction score
FOUND THIS YESTERDAY WHILE WALKING THE GUADULUPE RIVER WITH MY BROTHER, ITS EMBOSSED80, HE HAS ONE THAT HAS A COMPLETE DATE I THINK THIS IS 1880 HOW COOL...

559B389FE03A4648B8F41F1219B738DE.jpg

Attachments

• 559B389FE03A4648B8F41F1219B738DE.jpg
    559B389FE03A4648B8F41F1219B738DE.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 55

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that likes old bricks. I've got a couple that came from the old Southern Pacific(?) roundhouse in Imlay, Nevada. And Joe, I love the way you've incorporated yours into the decor. But what happens if you move? [:(] ~Mike

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Mike,...If I move,...well, they're going with me! (At least the phoenix one...(It's from an utra early brickworks here, and you just don't see them...I found it deep in the woods sticking out of a decrepit narrow gauge railroad bridge abutment.[;)]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well all you brick lovers; I also have been there and done that. We had a big Brick making kiln system near our home (at Horseheads NY). Fascinating to visit, and I collected street bricks for a number of years. In our Sarasota - Bradenton Bottle Club,we had a member with at least a thousand of them laid on a patio and paths back of his home.
He is gone now and I have no idea of where they all went.
It isn't as interesting as old bottles and glass pieces; but a good little "Save-em" hobby.
RED Matthews

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Bryan,

Cool thread, sir. Thanks. Don Dzuro compiled a Ohio Marked Bricks book in 2008. I think it is available from the Ohio Bottle Club.

DSC00343.jpg

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.