Broken Glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

grdigger35

Reaction score
I saw this subject awhile back and should have paid attention to it. Maybe some of you won't mind refreshing my memory. Is there any use for old broken bottles and shards, or is it just so much trash. I'm talking about pre-1900 glass. Thanks.

bearswede

Reaction score
See the "make your own bottles" topic under the Collector's Chat forum...

Ron

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
On one of the yahoo sites about privy digging or bottle collecting. there is a guy who cuts the bottles and makes lamps out of them. I can't find the pictures. but they were nice

rick

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Grdigger, check out the old threads on the Bottle Show area here on the forum. I posted some pictures from the Portland Maine bottle show. Included was a picture of a lamp shade made out of split ribbed pepper sauce bottles, and a 'stained glass window' made out of panels from broken cures and medicine bottles. Sorry, I don't have them on my computer anymore.

Hey Taz, or Sam do one of you guys have a better idea of how to find those pictures I posted way back?

kastoo

Reaction score
You can make all sorts of stuff out of shards. Lamps like this forum already says..bookends...wind chimes, stained glass etc. they sell bottle cutters and items that cut glass of all kinds for affordable prices. You can repair bottles for your own display with shards too.

grdigger35

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. I received a box of 6 Ross Belfast Ginger Ale bottles all broken to pieces. It makes me sick to look in that box because they look like they were MINT.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28