Wondering if I found something here

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wk20

Reaction score
Hi all! I was looking around in the forest near an old post-slavery community in SC, and spread out over a decently wide distance, there were many areas of trash ( glass bottles, cans, etc ). Near the edge of the woods, it seemed pretty recent, but the farther back I went, I found some older looking things. Near the center, I found some 90s cans (mountain dew, budweiser, etc.) And a lot of glass bottles, primarily newer looking ones, maybe 80s to present. I'm wondering, maybe I found an old dump of some sort? Should I dig down a bit to see what else there may be? Below, I've included a picture of some of the things I found on the surface.

Attachments

• somedumpfinds.png
    somedumpfinds.png
    557.6 KB · Views: 70

hemihampton

Reaction score
you can find that kind of stuff every where in every woods. unless I found a old shard nearby it wouldn't motivate me. Leon.

wk20

Reaction score
you can find that kind of stuff every where in every woods. unless I found a old shard nearby it wouldn't motivate me. Leon.
Ahh alright, I'm kinda new to this stuff so just wondering. Thanks!

RCO

Reaction score
Ahh alright, I'm kinda new to this stuff so just wondering. Thanks!
i've found old bottles lying around woods before , usually there like partially hidden under leaves or such so not as easy to spot as the newer stuff .

usually the dumps are fairly obvious , be rusted cans or metal lying around and visible

Old sodas

Collector of sodas
Reaction score
Yeah, I would look a little harder, like hemihampton says, unless you find an old shard nearby it's probably not worth it.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator